• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Genelec 7040 APM too small for 40 m2 room?

Lilith

Ĥi,

I'm either going to buy the Neumann KH120 or a smaller Genelec 8030 or even 8020 depending on a sub. Do you think the Genelec 7040 is too small for a ~40 m2 room or is it a waste of money? I would put it below the table between the speakers. The point is I can't carry a ~20 kg sub and the Genelec has these two bars at the top. Is it possbile to lift the sub on ONE of these bars with one hand? Are they made of metal and is the housing stable enough?

Trell

Major Contributor
The 7040 is real tiny for use when sitting near field and space is at a premium. The 7050 would be a much better choice otherwise.

The Genelec subs are built like tanks but I would recommend using both handles when carrying. You can ask Genelec support what they think, and they are very responsive.

stemfencer

Ĥi,

I'm either going to buy the Neumann KH120 or a smaller Genelec 8030 or even 8020 depending on a sub. Do you think the Genelec 7040 is too small for a ~40 m2 room or is it a waste of money? I would put it below the table between the speakers. The point is I can't carry a ~20 kg sub and the Genelec has these two bars at the top. Is it possbile to lift the sub on ONE of these bars with one hand? Are they made of metal and is the housing stable enough?
What did you end up going with? Get the 7040 in the end - it's what Genelec recommend with the 8020

Top Bottom