• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FX-Audio DAC-X7 or Topping MX3

Rodorufo

Hi guys, I'm a new member here and a newbie too in audio, I have an AKG Q701, I researched a lot and choose the 3 DACs below,
does anyone have these DACs:

FX-Audio DAC-X7
Topping MX3
SMSL AD18

WHICH ONE do you think is better in sound quality alone?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Attachments

• 3826B28A-2CEC-4D1A-AE27-7680A8C93250.jpeg
    3826B28A-2CEC-4D1A-AE27-7680A8C93250.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159

August

The ad18 and mx3 are basically used to drive speakers, so don't buy them if you don't need them. I recommend buying dx3pro, which is the resident recommendation of amirm.

OP
Rodorufo

Rodorufo

The ad18 and mx3 are basically used to drive speakers, so don't buy them if you don't need them. I recommend buying dx3pro, which is the resident recommendation of amirm.

Thanks for the reply, but I think Amor reviewed the version 1, the available units this year is version 2 already and version 1 is not available on the market anymore (at least on our country.) Do you think Topping DX3 Pro is better than Topping D30+A30?
in terms of spund quality.

Thank you for the reply.

August

I can recommend a single device if it can be solved by a single device. Choose a website that is convenient for returning, such as amazon.

OP
Rodorufo

Rodorufo

Thanks
I can recommend a single device if it can be solved by a single device. Choose a website that is convenient for returning, such as amazon.

Thanks for the Reply. The new Topping DX3 pro now has an LDAC version which costs way more than the old version, maybe i'll look and research another brand like SMSL maybe? if there are worthy DACs for headphones with the price point of MX3 (100-120 USD)

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks

Thanks for the Reply. The new Topping DX3 pro now has an LDAC version which costs way more than the old version, maybe i'll look and research another brand like SMSL maybe? if there are worthy DACs for headphones with the price point of MX3 (100-120 USD)

My recommendation at this price point will be Hifime Sabre 9018. They don't sell on Amazon. They have their own website. I tried SMSL M3, SMSL Idea, Speaka USB and didn't like any of them. Website is hifimediy.com

It won't drive "hard to drive" headphones though. You will need some headphones in 32-100 Ohm impedance range. I used it with Superluxes and AKG K7xx.

Last edited:
Top Bottom