• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FX Audio DAC-M1 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

MartinEighty8

Anyone know the output impedance of this product?

I'm really interested in it, quality test results in a small desktop package.

Yasser 06

Interesting , my FX Audio X6mkII has been an excellent value for price, its major flaw is an infinite digital knob to control the volume with unclear volume level displayed with blue led.

This company seems to be interested in user experience too, the dual chord to connect the power supply is a very good idea.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you @amirm!
To call you a geek would be an insult but don't you get the urge to see what is under the hood?
Including an internal design/layout photo would be much work but almost as relevant (to some; IMHO) as the great graphs.

Limopard

Would the power supply noise be at 100 Hz in an European 50 Hz power grid? Received my M1 today. Bought mainly because of the remote control. Performance up to this point is good, can't hear any hum with my HD 600.

Limopard

Unfortunately my M1 caught some unwanted, audible signals from the WLAN router. So it will be returned. The replacement, Topping DX3pro+ already arrived, is about 20 EUR cheaper and brings a second coaxial input, which is quite useful in my setup.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
subjectivist flake
You do know that they have more 'proper' words about what they think of YOU.
A recent op-ed described this divide as "we" all like to talk but most of us refuse to listen anymore... especially to the other side.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You do know that they have more 'proper' words about what they think of YOU.
A recent op-ed described this divide as "we" all like to talk but most of us refuse to listen anymore... especially to the other side.
I've watched that guy go on for 10 minutes about all the things he heard in a DAC and how he has such great ears and blah blah. Not a bit of it was reality. he's a flake.

noyobu

You can select both RCA and Headphone outputs to be active at once. Or have it switch based on whether you plug a headphone in or not.
I have read that in some of these chinese DAC/AMPs, if you double press the mute button it switches the outputs from headphone to RCA and vice versa. If you still have this device can you test if a double press of the on/off button or the volume knob it swtiches the outputs? I need that feature for my setup. I would expect it to only work in the "RCA or HPO" output option.

Thanks!

Top Bottom