• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 268 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

kencreten

Forum Donor
This is brilliant - completely transparent audio technology. I can get absolutely no difference, for just over $200! :) Heh.

Toku

Major Contributor
Furutech NCF Clear Line is similar to the Voltbox below.
In Japan, audio critics are mobilized to promote products skillfully. It seems like a magical product to those who have no knowledge of electrical equipment.
Such products will come out one after another in the future.

Garrincha

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Both Six Moons and Enjoy the Music claim it makes a night and day difference. All kinds of ratings including attack, decay, inner resolution (as opposed to outer?) "soundscape extension into room" and more. Okay, now I am done with both of those sites. Never again.

I never understand if these reviewers are simply deluded, poor pushovers, or scam artists.

Hart

I never understand if these reviewers are simply deluded, poor pushovers, or scam artists.
When they think they are hearing inner resolution on the soundscape extension decay you have to wonder. These are the same people that wax poetic about $20,000 interconnects with some kind of magic box in the middle. I was just looking at the recent test of the cheapest interconnect I have ever seen and it is a perfect coupler, no degradation. Ouch....

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OK. Let's be fair and review what they are offering (Chaff + Wheat version):
1. Coils = Second end is terminated to the… >> air… duh!

"α (Alpha) Pure-Copper Rhodium-plated Conductor electrodes and passive "Air Coils" constructed with α(Alpha)-OCC enameled wire coated a silver color resonance damping material."
2. NCF = Furutech's improved Nano Crystal² Formula >> Pixie Dust???
"Furutech NCF combines nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder, cryogenically treated so that it crystallizes. This material was developed through extensive testing in the Furutech labs in Japan, with the results confirmed through both measurements and listening. NCF is remarkable because it has two active properties—it generates negative ions that eliminate static, and it converts thermal energy into far infrared."
3. Housing = Don't you dare call it plastic because it is nylon! >> S(h)ell Game???
"Four-layer hybrid NCF carbon housing composed of an outer hard clear coat over a NCF textured carbon fiber particle composite layer with another layer of NCF and 3K carbon fiber layer beneath that. Inner surface is NCF Nylon insulation… incorporating nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional "Piezo Effect" damping properties."
4. End-Cover (Multi-material hybrid structure) = Multi-Hybrid???
"Anti-static and resonance suppressing qualities with molded channels to increase the surface area of the NCF material by 76% for improved effectiveness – ultimate resonance damping for improved tonal balance. The best of damping and insulation materials also improve frequency extension."
5. Pressure in Air Chamber = Flatulence???
"The internal air chamber is pressure sealed for additional damping effects."
I originally thought the 'coils' were some circular-polarized (RHCP) antenna, [probably] tuned to 4.784 x 10^13 and then absorbed by the housing/end-cover.o_OBoy, was I wrong!

If you can not hear or measure any of the above differences; at least, you can brag about all the technology you own.
Remember that some of this hi-tech stuff (one is even 'patent ending') has gone even beyond the atmosphere, for a sweet low price of $259.

sam_adams

<--- See that little guy over there? He's expressing how I feel every time I see or hear about a device like this.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I remember the “holly water” that improves sound when placed next to a turntable…

Maybe he was making a sale here...

1651542195629.png

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
FYI, I got at least two requests in youtube to test this product and hence the reason I bought it.
Hope they give you a refund...

JDS

There have been lots of recent competitors, but this device seems like the leading 2022 candidate for the Tice Clock Award, which I just made up.

tice.jpg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That comment earlier about interviewing the designer, would that be Caeilin Gabriel (or Gabriel Caeilin?)?

YSC

Major Contributor
Voted great and here’s my justification:

It’s literally GENIUS to think of that cool idea and marketing terms for this. It’s another form of talent in audio world!

I dare bet none of you mortals, even I told you this can sell will be willing to invest in production line of this

Fuzzbucket

But will it make my electric kettle boil faster?

Someone upthread linked to Stein Music ... I see they make one of these too, only €398.

Link

Garrincha

But will it make my electric kettle boil faster?

Someone upthread linked to Stein Music ... I see they make one of these too, only €398.

Link
That was me. But you have to keep in mind, the device from Stein music "is a unique combination of electronic circuit, power cleaner, quantum physics and crystal technology", so it works completely differently!

headwhacker

Forum Donor
What is the biggest deception for me is that the company is japanese. They are usually known for accuracy and honesty. No offense, but if it would have been an american company I wouldn´t have been surprised the least (Audioquest, Nordost, PS Audio,....).

One thing good about audiophiles is they don't see race or nationality. You just have to believe.

DSJR

Major Contributor
All it'll take is for them to do a 'comparison' where they genuinely believed they heard a difference, yet nothing was actually done, to perhaps awaken to the fact that we and our minds are SO easily fooled and thereby ultimately ripped off by products like this. These people will just mock the likes of 'us' until they experience that.

Top Bottom