• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Furutech NCF Clear Line Review (AC Optimizer)

Rate this product:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 268 96.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 2.5%

• Total voters

DonR

Major Contributor
A search for Furutech NCF Clear Line on Google in Japan will list a large number. But they are all articles that introduce or praise this product. No matter how much I checked, I couldn't find any articles that criticized the product. Google search seems to be in complete control. Such means are common in the sale of suspicious health foods and medicines.
As a Japanese, I find it very embarrassing that products like the Furutech NCF Clear Line are made and sold in Japan.
All too common in the snake oil world. You almost never see criticism of such products. For me, it devalues (to zero) the worthiness of the reviewer.

kschmit2

I find it very embarrassing that products like the Furutech NCF Clear Line are made.
The German word for this is Fremdschämen.
Haha, don't point your fingers at others.

Here are some fine German products that fall into the same category:

https://highendnovum.de/en/products/ ("developed" by Andreas Jungblut)

And some German reviews for a laugh:

kschmit2

sjeesjie

"Glad to hear it made a difference as I'm a fan of Furutech gear to. I have 3 of these in my system and yes they do make a measurable difference. Pricey but the good stuff usually does cost more."

I have abdominal cramps from laughing .... I have to stop opening links to other sites !!!!!
Me too! My gosh how can such dumb people get so ritch?

Another quote: “There are many people in this hobby that have more money than knowledge about the science of HiFi. That’s what this board is about”

Well indeed…

JSmith

Master Contributor
We need a new masked panther for the 'daylight robbery' category.
hqdefault.jpg

:cool:

JSmith

sjeesjie

My gosh look how many positive results in steve hoffman’s forums! You’d almost think we are the weirdos!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Me too! My gosh how can such dumb people get so ritch?
Another quote: “There are many people in this hobby that have more money than knowledge about the science of HiFi. That’s what this board is about”
Have you ever considered to thank such deep-pocket enthusiasts for possibly making available some of y/our hardware, which may have been funded by their lavish spending?:cool:

ta240

Major Contributor
Me too! My gosh how can such dumb people get so rich?
For some reason a fair amount of really successful people and some that I'd consider smart are really susceptible to good marketing. Even people who made a lot of money selling things themselves, tend to not smell the BS on their fellow salespeople.
The ones that are a bit slimy in their own methods seem to almost have a subconscious admiration for the person selling them. And the rare honest people out there just don't think someone would lie to them.

ta240

Major Contributor
My gosh look how many positive results in steve hoffman’s forums! You’d almost think we are the weirdos!
Expectation bias meets "I really want to be one of the people that can hear a difference"

A search for Furutech NCF Clear Line on Google in Japan will list a large number. But they are all articles that introduce or praise this product. No matter how much I checked, I couldn't find any articles that criticized the product. Google search seems to be in complete control. Such means are common in the sale of suspicious health foods and medicines.
As a Japanese, I find it very embarrassing that products like the Furutech NCF Clear Line are made and sold in Japan.
I love stuff made in Japan, the build quality is exceptional, i would still buy a Furutech product then the American Snake Oil master Nordost :)

Japan Rocks..

sofrep811

I wonder if CEO's come here and then get back to their engineers? I think the pressure on engineers is so high to produce new products they just start making stuff up and likely laugh about it. But they explain it to upper management and they eat it up and believe it.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if CEO's come here and then get back to their engineers? I think the pressure on engineers is so high to produce new products they just start making stuff up and likely laugh about it. But they explain it to upper management and they eat it up and believe it.
I think it's more like this: the engineers are the ones that end up ashamed because they got ridonculous demands from marketing. Middle management just attempts to survive and reach C level and whips the engineers until they have product.

And the C levels laugh in greed and bonuses.

airgas1998

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ctbarker32

I got this in my email today from the ironically named "Audio Sensibility". Safe to say these "customers" don't follow ASR!

yHoKFvIYSpVdOep-VdHLUVDIVFkApeD-npJCRR2L3VUNsmyNPuZmRQ1bbRvM5AAk7C2fWDctZr6EloqcpDFFqJqLgHIYNlNgi8_mbnn9opV154HVvem0R04qRGzN-g2o1Res07o78h_M7jz5sjth1VsRFV2YRQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Back In Stock!!!! AC Power Supply Optimizer

The response to our original NCF Clear Line announcement was amazing. We sold out in 24 hours. We now have this sought after unit back in stock.

The reviews are in and the Furutech NCF Clear Line is a winner!
Furutech has had problems keeping this item in stock due to demand. We have limited stock now, so act fast!

Top Bottom