• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Functional review of Topping D10s USB DAC

• Thread starter Deleted member 58865
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58865

I couldn't find anything wrong with it in terms of audio quality. It is also relatively cheap.

Topping D10s definitely sound better than mainboard line-out, but there is no big difference between the two.

The RCA jacks added physical stability to my audio setup. Previously, I used mainboard line-out port. If I touched the cable plugged into mainboard line-out, I could hear extreme amounts of noise from the speakers because the connection was not physically solid.

But, there is one little functional annoyance with the product. It turns itself off after a period of inactivity, so I have to keep it turned on by playing a slient audio file as a background service in my system. I wish it didn't turn itself off automatically after a period of inactivity.

Update: It seems that the actual problem was USB port malfunction which turned off a USB port temporarily. Topping D10s doesn't just turn itself off if USB autosuspend is disabled on linux.

So, I recommend Topping D10s.

Last edited by a moderator:

staticV3

Master Contributor
The D10s should automatically wake from standby when you play something. Does that not work for you?

OP
D

Deleted member 58865

I use linux. That thread shows how to use XMOS driver on windows.

OP
D

Deleted member 58865

It turns out that Topping D10s doesn't just turn itself off if USB autosuspend is disabled on linux.

I guess it was USB port malfunction.

Falco

Forum Donor
It turns out that Topping D10s doesn't just turn itself off if USB autosuspend is disabled on linux.

I guess it was USB port malfunction.
It seems the user has left the forum, but I would actually prefer to have USB autosuspend enable on my Raspberry Pi with MoOde (RaspiOS = Linux). How could I achieve that as my D10s currently does go to standby automatically when there's no music playing....

Falco

Forum Donor
I actually figured out how to switch my Topping D10s on/off. I do it by using uhubctl

To turn off my RPi4 USB2 port (to witch the D10s is connected) I give in:
sudo uhubctl -l 1-1 -a 0

And to start again
sudo uhubctl -l 1-1 -a 1

Top Bottom