• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fun fact news about PS Audio

Newk Yuler

For the month of Coronavirus May 2020 PS Audio donated $100 from every sale in the US of their new Stellar Power Plant 3 (while available for a special price) to MusiCares, the Coronavirus relief charity connected to the Grammys.

They've announced a donation check for $18,400. Good news for Coronavirus relief and PS Audio's generosity and care about helping in hard times.

On a side note of interest to ASR members who may appreciate an observation about PS Audio and can do simple math in their heads... That's how many of those things they sold in May?

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
They were following a direct sales-only model last I heard.

That's just their cheapest power regulator, too.

@Newk Yuler the way you presented the equation is close to a single blind test. I'm stressed. Too stressed. No way I can work out how many they sold now.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OMG, a word problem!!! The bane of 5th graders everywhere. When did the train leave the station? :p

Martin

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For the month of Coronavirus May 2020 PS Audio donated $100 from every sale in the US of their new Stellar Power Plant 3 (while available for a special price) to MusiCares, the Coronavirus relief charity connected to the Grammys.

They've announced a donation check for $18,400. Good news for Coronavirus relief and PS Audio's generosity and care about helping in hard times.

On a side note of interest to ASR members who may appreciate an observation about PS Audio and can do simple math in their heads... That's how many of those things they sold in May?

I'd buy 10 of them, if any of this was really true:

dynamics and openness are breathtaking. New voices, new harmonics and a renewed sense of musicality are yours the moment the Stellar 3 starts up

As it is, I think I'd rather just donate the money directly to research ;) Oh, and I do have one of their earlier power plants, P300, I think.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

MusiCares has been around for a while. They helped musicians after the Nashville floods, etc. and have provided help to individual musicians in other times of need (cancer, house fires, etc.) over the years. Musicians in general are suffering greatly right now, and since they are pretty much last on the list to get back to work, a lot of major and minor bands and orchestras are laying off and likely to go under.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did they advertise it? When one donates in private, especially without telling anyone, one gains merit. When one broadcasts to the world their good will, it doesn't ring quite as true. Especially if one dontates money gained from questionable practices. Like selling worthless items to gullible marks. That sort of thing almost comes across as cynical marketing. Playing off the good but misguided intentions of ignorant consumers. I could be wrong and I'm not saying that is the PS motivation. Maybe their hearts are pure. I'm just sayin'...

Paperdragons

Beyond selling something like this in obvious bad faith, the site happened to also be infected with a Trojan according to bitedefender:
1595052493886.png

1595052346308.png

I've never had that happen before lol
I'd recommend running some sort of antivirus sweep if you went there without one.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom