• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Full range floorstanders ~$1500 budget

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Also a reminder I am only driving these with a circa 90s Onkyo Integra receiver (albeit it one of their best offerings back then).
MKR, that old Onkyo probably sounds great! You would be pleasantly surprised if you put it up to a modern unit in a blind test. Keep using it until it dies!

Reactions: MKR

mglobe

Forum Donor
MKR, that old Onkyo probably sounds great! You would be pleasantly surprised if you put it up to a modern unit in a blind test. Keep using it until it dies!
Or see if Amir would want to test it?

OP
M

MKR

Major Contributor
Hello all … still rocking the 590s with my trusty old Onkyo Integra. I continue to be amazed by the sound of these speakers and still can’t believe I only paid $760 :oops:

Been in this hobby a long time and heard all the mega buck systems, including in my own listening room, and nothing but my old and long gone Talon Khorus and Aerial 10Ts gave me this much satisfaction.

Maybe I don’t need those $30k speakers after all! Kidding, kidding, but I certainly now believe that sonic perfection is available for much less than I used to!

Note I recently purchased a JDS Labs Atom+ DAC so I could stream with high resolution and at this point I do not at all see the point of my megabuck CD player, not to mention what the heck am I gonna do with all those CDs I have amassed over the years?

Times they be a changin in this hobby … ya still have all the lunacy of audiophilia nervosa out there, plus all the stupid mega buck nonsense, but thank goodness for ASR which has truly been a breath of sanity in a world of audio insanity.

Now to go back to listening to some tunes :)

yodog

Sb acoustics Rinjani 2.5 way floorstander diy kit from madisound that’s on sale for jjsr under $2000. Has satori woofers and tweeter

I believe the low end on these speakers is 32hz.

GeekinNH

Sweet setup. Thought I was doing okay with my 590s for mains, 580s for surrounds and 530s for rear surrounds :) I feel inadequate now. What didn't you like about the AT screens? Video performance or cost or ?
Very delayed reply... I have literally the exact same bed layer. :D Other than bragging rights, unless he has his crossovers set low enough to make a difference, I don't know where either of us would be missing out. It is a bada$$ setup, though!

(I'm in the midst of contemplating a flip to Revel for fronts, just going through the F206 vs F208 crisis -- at which point my 590s would become my rears... they're simply too big for me to chew up limited side real estate to be surrounds.)

Top Bottom