• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Pre-Amp - SOLD

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought this Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast Wireless Streaming Pre-Amplifier last July 2021.
  • Asking price is $325 USD, firm
  • Unit is in 'like new' condition, and ALL parts, paperwork are included
  • Shipping/Insurance (costs/methods) are buyer's responsibility and should be within CONUS
  • PayPal is my preferred payment method.
202108_YamahaWXC-50.jpg
202108_YamahaWXC50_BottomNamePlate01-NoSN.jpg

My WXC-50 probably has less than 30hours of usage on it, since my Zone2 desktop audio requirements are now being achieved using a BRZHiFi PA-10.
Purchased from Crutchfield using AX and the warranty will continue in effect for an extra year after expiration. You shouldn't need it but I'll assist if needed.

The version w/built-in power amp was reviewed here and was put on the 'recommended list'.
BYOA <= Bring Your Own Amplifier :)

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Still available?
Yeah! It is still collecting dust and not being used << has maybe 30 Hours (max) of ON time.
I have no need for it and you can have it for $299 (shipping costs will be on you)!
Thanx and Cheers!

Rjbell78

I have the wxa. Musiccast sucks the only redeeming feature is the icepower amp which you obviously don't get with the wxc. I

sajgre

You can control volume with digital out so it is great for active speakers like genelec or Dutch and dutch 8c.

Sound_freq

I have the wxa. Musiccast sucks the only redeeming feature is the icepower amp which you obviously don't get with the wxc. I
I've had a great experience with the WXA-50 for most of my personal use cases and have found it to have plenty of redeeming features for my use cases which have centered around using iOS devices with Airplay. For most streaming services, the MusicCast app is completely unnecessary. For users of Spotify and Tidal, you can simply use the native apps for those services and the Yamaha WXA or WXC willl appear in the drop down menu as an output option as a listening device. I have used the MusicCast app to control volume and with USB flash storage to play back FLAC files with no real issues that I can recall. I'm sure it's navigation and organization of the music library database could be improved upon, but it really wasn't an issue.

Tangband

Major Contributor
You can control volume with digital out so it is great for active speakers like genelec or Dutch and dutch 8c.
The soundquality used this way is good but not the best .

Tangband

Major Contributor
It is a recommended player by designer of the Dutch 8c, so it must be good enough for me :)
The Yamaha wxc50 is a very reliable unit and I wish the sound was superb to . I suggest you try out a laptop with a DDC ( Douk U2 or such ) and you will find some suprising things. The Yamaha does SRC to 48 kHz with every material If set to preamp mode. And this is done in a less good way.

The good thing is that better sound for your Dutch 8c ( If you have them ? ) will cost you very little.
I use my Yamaha wxc50 with digital out when watching television, - its good enough for this, but I change the spdif to a DDC and a laptop for concentrated music listening with my Genelec SAM monitors.

Last edited:

Rjbell78

I've had a great experience with the WXA-50 for most of my personal use cases and have found it to have plenty of redeeming features for my use cases which have centered around using iOS devices with Airplay. For most streaming services, the MusicCast app is completely unnecessary. For users of Spotify and Tidal, you can simply use the native apps for those services and the Yamaha WXA or WXC willl appear in the drop down menu as an output option as a listening device. I have used the MusicCast app to control volume and with USB flash storage to play back FLAC files with no real issues that I can recall. I'm sure it's navigation and organization of the music library database could be improved upon, but it really wasn't an issue.
I've got tidal and I can not use the app with the wxa. It's not showing up in the devices? I'll take back I've said if that's possible. I'm on android.

Sound_freq

I've got tidal and I can not use the app with the wxa. It's not showing up in the devices? I'll take back I've said if that's possible. I'm on android.
Yes, after doing some looking around, it seems Tidal and Yamaha haven't prioritized better integration. It could be that the MusicCast, Tidal Connect and Chromecast protocols step on each other. I think the only reason I'm able to utilize it is because of Airplay support.

armcmeen

If your $299 price mentioned above still holds and if you will mail it in a US Postal Service Priority Box, which has a flat rate of around $20, I am ready to sent you a paypal payment. Email me at [email protected]

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I had bought it for desktop app but when I bought the BRZHiFi PA-10, I no longer needed this unit.
Amirm refused to test the BRZHiFi PA-10 and called it a pos. I did not mind... it does EVERYTHING I wanted it to do for price/perf ratio.
It has not burped once for 2 straight years (24/7) of usage thus far, switching between PC audio/SXM/XLR/DanteAES67/spidf.
Thtat is why I don't use the WXC50///

Tangband

Major Contributor
Yes, after doing some looking around, it seems Tidal and Yamaha haven't prioritized better integration. It could be that the MusicCast, Tidal Connect and Chromecast protocols step on each other. I think the only reason I'm able to utilize it is because of Airplay support.
Yamaha wxc50 does resampling to 48 kHz with airplay.

Sound_freq

Yamaha wxc50 does resampling to 48 kHz with airplay.
As does most every device with Airplay, lucky for me, over 80 - 90% of music available for streaming is no higher than 16 bit/44.1khz which is perfectly fine.

OP
pseudoid

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom