• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Topping D90 MQA, D70s and 2x A90.

nimar

Forum Donor
Edit. Latest info moved to CanuckAudioMart https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/userads.php?user_id=199620

I went on a bit of a mad covid related shopping therapy spree and ended up with two stacks I don't really need, have boxes / all original material and these are all less than two months old. Don't think I need to try too hard to sell them, currently in the top 5 best spec'd DACs/Headphone amps measured on ASR. And I would like to sell one of them to free up funds to purchase an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. Alternatively I would be happy to trade for an RME ADI-2 DAC FS, as I want to be able to do EQ in device.

It's worth clarifying that if money / space weren't an issue then I would not sell either of these stacks, they look, sound and function amazingly. Am listing both only because I am happy to keep whichever remains and don't know which is in higher demand. I believe Apos / others are out of stock of the D90 MQA due to the AKM fire.

All prices in $ CAD

D90 MQA / A90 + 1.5 ft balanced cables, purchased in Feb 2021. (Total price including taxes/shipping/duty were 1130+750+20=$1900)
D70s / A90 + 1.5 ft balanced cables, purchased in March 2021. (Total price including taxes/shipping/duty were 974+750+20=$1744)

Both A90's are from Apos and would still be covered by their two year transferable warranty**, as is the D70s. The D90 was purchased via amazon. Technically I could return the second stack (D70s/A90) to Apos as they were purchased less than 45 days ago but would get a 20% charge (didn't read _that_ fine print).

Selling one of the stacks, including shipping inside Canada for

D90/A90 stack for $1700
D70s/A90 stack for $1550

Thats > 10% off purchase price for a 1-2 month old stack BTW.

Ps. I'd be willing to ship to the US, but couldn't guarantee there wouldn't be duties as the postal service seems to arbitrarily charge things coming in the from the US.

** http://help.apos.audio/en/articles/3197291-apos-audio-2nd-year-transferable-warranty

Last edited:
OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
Started listing on eBay with actual photos

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/706-5...29529&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg&toolid=11111

Will put the rest of the photos somewhere and update this.

Am lowering to 20% discount as that's what I'd get back if returned to Apos but it would just go to their "Administration Fees", would rather someone get the items at a 20% discount.

Am new to trying to sell things on eBay and seems they have a value limit, so can only list one item at once so be easier to do via here / Kijiji.

I went out on a limb and ordered the RME ADI2, and actually decided to just sell both stacks in the end and simplify my setup. Has a very high WAF.

All prices in CAD, plus shipping which should be about $15-40 depending on location for express/signed.

D90 MQA - 1130 -> $900
D70s - 974 -> $780
A90 (x2) - 750 -> $600
IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
With the new low prices, if someone buys a DAC and an AMP I'll throw xlr cables and a Chromecast audio + optical cable. So basically a complete package.

Ps. Happy to ship anywhere, as long as the buyer pays shipping / assumes the possibility they will get charged duty if abroad.

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

devopsprodude

Wow, this is like two weeks late for me. ShenzhenAudio has already shipped my A90 and Gustard X16. Otherwise I'd be all over this.

OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
Wow, this is like two weeks late for me. ShenzhenAudio has already shipped my A90 and Gustard X16. Otherwise I'd be all over this.

Who knows, maybe you'll like it so much you'll want a second one ;-).

I considered the Gustard at first but there were too many stories about people getting the wrong item or the right item in the wrong box, and something that basic didn't bode well for the rest of the QC. But as you say, that ship has already sailed.

devopsprodude

Who knows, maybe you'll like it so much you'll want a second one ;-).

I considered the Gustard at first but there were too many stories about people getting the wrong item or the right item in the wrong box, and something that basic didn't bode well for the rest of the QC. But as you say, that ship has already sailed.
I hope that doesn't happen in my case. :eek:

OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
You sold the only two items that I could afford.

We all started at a similar place, in a few years time you too will be able to spend lavish sums on "fancy" gear. And the value for money proposition is always getting better so you'll likely get there much sooner than those that came before you.

toddverrone

Have you tried posting on r/avexchange in reddit? They love headphone stuff over there. When I returned from Hong Kong, I sold a pair of Andromedas and a Fiio M11Pro within two days of posting them.

OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
Have you tried posting on r/avexchange in reddit? They love headphone stuff over there. When I returned from Hong Kong, I sold a pair of Andromedas and a Fiio M11Pro within two days of posting them.

Not even heard of it, Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
nimar

nimar

Forum Donor
Not even heard of it, Thanks for the suggestion.

Turns out I can't post until my account is 90 days old, never wanted/needed a reddit account before. Only signed up for PayPal last week as well.

Been using the internet for ~25 years and just never bothered with certain parts of it.

Top Bottom