• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: SOLD - Purifi FE02B interface board for Purifi 1ET400A amp modules

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
On Jan 5, I will have a spare input buffer board. It is unused except to confirm that it is operational and works normally (<5 minutes). I bought it for a special project that I have now decided not to do. Before I add amp channels and make it into yet another amp that I don't need (I have too many!), or decide just to keep it as a spare for a possible future repair of my other amps, I thought I would first see if there is any interest in it. In the continental US, the price is $85, shipped, including the Purifi CAB1 cable kit** ($70 without cables). No international shipping, tax, currency conversion, or import duty to pay! As of now, I can sell it either stock - no mods, or with simple mods such as removing the faces of the on-board speaker sockets and/or the S1 handle (no charge).
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-purifi-amp-builds.10478/page-25#post-344897
FE qtr.jpg

1609349894299.png

I could also solder speaker wire leads from the board for using off-board speaker sockets (no charge).

** If desired, I can supply the two cables assembled for use with a Hypex SMPS1200A400, including 5-wire control interface (no charge).
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...y-purifi-amp-builds.10478/page-24#post-330506

Just add two Purifi 1ET400A boards!

Last edited:
OP
J

JimB

Forum Donor
Potentially interested if still available.
Hi, Billy. It could be! I expect them back in a few days. Do you want one exactly stock, or will you want it modified at all? I've done about every combination of removing back panel interferences on these, as you would want for cases that do not use the DELTRON-style sockets. I have a slight preference to sell this one with partial mods ('DELTRON' faces clipped and S1 removed, as I showed in my posts early in the year), just to keep my serial numbered combinations together.
C p33.jpg

Just FYI, for my own builds, I will be removing the 'DELTRONs' to free the feedback connections to come from the panel mounted sockets, rather than through the 'DELTRONs' on-board. When removing the 'DELTRONs', it nice to add four "safety" resistors at R8&9_A1&2 to ensure the amp cannot become open-loop in case of a bad feedback connection at the back-panel socket (unlikely, but...). I described this early in the year, and I'll be doing that with 1 ohm resistors on mine. Later, this addition showed up as standard on the most recent Purifi versions! Anyway, I have 4 spare of these tiny, 1-ohm SMD resistors, that I could throw in, if you are intending to do that. I could remove the 'DELTRONs' and add SMD resistors for you, but these are both a bit difficult for me lately, so I'd want $15 extra to do that.

Lastly, I'll be removing all my S1s, making the boards just like Purifi had them in their demonstrator as Amir tested here on ASR (but they did not have the safety 1 ohm resistors, then).

Last edited:

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My goal is to construct or purchase an EVAL1-based amplifier for under $1k. Now that VTV is offering those for a touch under $1k, it doesn’t make sense for me as a noob to put one together myself—I have upgraded and built many computers, but have not built audio components.

OP
J

JimB

Forum Donor
My goal is to construct or purchase an EVAL1-based amplifier for under $1k. Now that VTV is offering those for a touch under $1k, it doesn’t make sense for me as a noob to put one together myself—I have upgraded and built many computers, but have not built audio components.
Understood, though I can't find an EVAL1-based VTV amp, only those with Hypex inputs or customized VTV inputs which are more expensive.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
J

JimB

Forum Donor
Yeah, they have one. Cheaper than what I can put one together for. I thought DIY was supposed to enable consumers to save money! But no.

https://vtvamplifier.com/product/vtv-amplifier-purifi-eigentakt-stereo-amplifier-based-on-eval-1/
Nice. And it is the exact Ghent case (with VTV front panel). That price is even less than the one they do with Hypex buffers. It tells you the pricing to "OEMs" is much less than to low volume DIY buyers, which minimizes competition from DIY. Go for it. The remaining reason to go DIY is for customization.

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice. And it is the exact Ghent case (with VTV front panel). That price is even less than the one they do with Hypex buffers. It tells you the pricing to "OEMs" is much less than to low volume DIY buyers, which minimizes competition from DIY. Go for it. The remaining reason to go DIY is for customization.
Right—I guess it keeps NOOBS like me away from Purifi DIY.

Hopefully some of the issues with earlier VTV units have been sorted out.

OP
J

JimB

Forum Donor
Right—I guess it keeps NOOBS like me away from Purifi DIY.

Hopefully some of the issues with earlier VTV units have been sorted out.
Right. They do provide their own cables. Otherwise, not much to go wrong in this "case"!

OP
J

JimB

Forum Donor
BUMP. Still available. I haven't decided to do anything else with it, yet.

diw

I am home now and can do something for you tomorrow.
I am ready to go on this....do we do this by PM or email? I did send a reply with all the info but that has probably disappeared

diw

Hi Jim....have I missed the boat on this one? Delivery would be to Champaign IL....I need to spec the mods and content if we are going ahead...best wishes

diw

So how do we do this? I would prefer Deltrons and S1 removed, 1 ohm resistors inserted, speaker wires for 4 pole SpeakOns soldered in, cableset for connection to Hypex SMPS.....by my reckoning thats $100 including shipping, Invoice via PayPal . The only other tweak would be removal of XLR jacks and labelling of pads for panel mounted XLRs but thats not a requirement as I can work around the board mounted ones. Seem OK?

Top Bottom