• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: pair Infinity Reference R162 -- SOLD

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
They are as good as new. Black. I have the original box. Used 4-5 months as ambiance speakers until I replaced them with the Infinity R263 towers. They have a very open, airy, spacious sound that is immediately apparent to my tired old ears. Good bass. Reviews say they can play very loud. Amir recommends them. They give much of the Floyd-Toole/Revel sound at budget price. In comparison the Magnepan LRS I had at the time were crushed. In the photo the grill covers are on the floor to the left of the box.

$450 at Harmanaudio.com today. $250 at Amazon. I'll sell for $140.
[email protected]

Attachments

• L1000413.JPG
    L1000413.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 483
Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a bargain. You are in the U.S., right?

OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
Yes they are. Boxed up and ready to go. Where are you located?

OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
Let me check on the shipping. It's gone through the roof recently.

OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
Charleston, South Carolina. Is that 140 including shipping?
It's $65 by USPS to Charleston. Ouch. She-crabs don't cost that much. So to answer our question, no,shipping is not included. I could eat part of it if you are willing to cover the remainder.

ebassman77

Yes I could do that. I am going to wait to see if there are any labor day sales for these this weekend and if not I will take you up on that.

DPiddy76

I'm considering upgrading my R162s with the sale R263s. What are your thoughts on the upgrade. Do you notice better sound (I'm pleased with the R162s)? The scoring on this forum rates the R162 a bit higher than the R263s, which boggles my mind.

OP
MickeyBoy

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
I'm considering upgrading my R162s with the sale R263s. What are your thoughts on the upgrade. Do you notice better sound (I'm pleased with the R162s)? The scoring on this forum rates the R162 a bit higher than the R263s, which boggles my mind.
I have both, R162s for surrounds and R263 for mains. They have similar characteristics. The 3-way floor-stander can handle more power and go lower, which is not a concern of mine as I have 2 subs. The 2 6.5" woofers might produce some interference at lower frequencies. To that extent the R162 might be better. Just be sure that your ears are at or above tweeter level. I wouldn't consider any sonic differences consequential.

DPiddy76

I have both, R162s for surrounds and R263 for mains. They have similar characteristics. The 3-way floor-stander can handle more power and go lower, which is not a concern of mine as I have 2 subs. The 2 6.5" woofers might produce some interference at lower frequencies. To that extent the R162 might be better. Just be sure that your ears are at or above tweeter level. I wouldn't consider any sonic differences consequential.

Thank you for this, just saved me some jingle I'll probably apply to height speakers.

BTW, I have the R162 as L/R and the R152 as surrounds. I've tested the 152 and 162 side by side and while the 162 do a better job with bass they are near equivalent outside of bass (to my ears). I've thought about buying another pair of 152s to expand to 7.1 back surrounds or maybe front wides now that more things are using Atmos and can take advantage of them.

Top Bottom