• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: MrSpeakers Dan Clark Audio DCA Aeon Flow Open and Ether 2 (US only)

Dro

For sale are my MrSpeakers/DCA Aeon Flow Open, first version and Ether 2. Additionally, I have a Lavricables Ultimate Silver cable for DCA headphones that you can add if you purchase one of the headphones. Shipping with the US only.

I am selling because I rarely use them since I got a Stealth.

Aeon Flow Open
This headphone was purchased early 2018. General condition is very good. The honey comb pattern has one small spot where the black paint chipped off. The ear pads are still fairly good, but you can tell from the imprinted pattern on the back that the pleather has aged some and is losing its flexibility. Once you feel they need to get replaced, original replacement pads are available at the DCA store.

Headphone comes with the original box, travel case, filter inserts, certificate of authenticity and a 1.8 m DUMMER cable in 3.5 mm with 6.35 mm screw-on adapter.

Price: $360
Shipping: $23 USPS Priority with insurance.
Free pickup in Pasadena, CA.

AFO1.jpgAFO2.jpgAFO3.jpgAFO4.jpgAFO5.jpgAFO6.jpgAFO7.jpg

Ether 2
This headphone was purchased early 2019. It comes with all three different ear pads. The headphone is in good condition, but has two small flaws: The left ear cup can touch the gimbal when rotating, depending on how much and where the rotating force is applied. I placed some transparent tape over the ear cup to prevent damage. You can see it in the photos. The honey comb mesh on one of the ear cups lost a little paint in one spot. I painted over it with a black sharpie pen and now it is essentially invisible.

The ear pads are in varying condition. The standard pads are the least used of them and has little, if any, visible wear. The perforated pads have some wear, but should still last for a while. The suede pads are pretty worn out. It is good enough to figure out if you like the sound, then buy a fresh replacement if you do. All ear pads have spares available for purchase at the DCA store.

Headphone comes with the original box, 3 sets of ear pads, travel case, certificate of authenticity and a 1.8 m VIVO cable in 3.5 mm. I can throw in a 6.35 mm stick-on adapter if you need one.

Price: $950
Shipping: $39 USPS Priority with insurance, $45 with insurance and restricted delivery.
Free pickup in Pasadena, CA.

E1.jpgE2.jpgE3.jpgE4.jpgE5.jpgE6.jpgE7.jpgE8.jpg

Lavricables Ultimate Silver
For the looks, you can buy a 1.2 m Lavricables Ultimate Silver cable in 3.5 mm. It is stiffer than the DCA standard cables, which can make it less likely to touch your clothing, but harder to manage on you desk. It's short length generally means less wasted space if your amp is on your desk. The cable is very smooth, so when it touches your clothing, there is little friction.

Price: $50
Shipping included with headphone or pick up together with headphone in Pasadena, CA.

LC2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
D

Dro

Price adjustment:
  • Aeon Open: $320, shipping $23 USPS Priority with insurance or free local pickup
  • Ether 2: $890, shipping $38 USPS Priority with insurance, $44 with insurance and restricted delivery or free local pickup
Non-smoking household.

OP
D

Dro

Price adjustment:
  • Aeon Open: $290, shipping $22 USPS Priority with insurance or free local pickup
  • Ether 2: $800, shipping $36 USPS Priority with insurance, $42 with insurance and restricted delivery or free local pickup

OP
D

Dro

Price adjustment:
  • Aeon Open: $250, shipping $22 USPS Priority with insurance or free local pickup
  • Ether 2: $700, shipping $36 USPS Priority with insurance, $42 with insurance and restricted delivery or free local pickup

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Have you considered listing these on eBay? It looks like they're selling for more than you're asking here (I'd be interested if I weren't broke right now)

OP
D

Dro

eBay is my last resort. Selling the Ether 2 on eBay will lead to a 1099-K filing, recognizing the sales proceeds as income, even though I made no profit after subtracting my purchase price. Extra tax hassles that I would like to avoid.

OP
D

Dro

The ether 2’s are super power hungry headphones right? Or is that the 1’s?
Maybe a bit more than other planar magnetics. Pretty much like the DCA Stealth going by my volume settings. I listen around -20 dBr on my ADI-2 DAC. That gives me about 85 dBA while using Replay Gain without any pre gain. So hitting around 105-110 dBA should be possible on the ADI-2 DAC.

OP
D

Dro

Only if you have a US address for me to ship to or can pick it up here.

OP
D

Dro

Not anymore. I can probably get a better price elsewhere for them. I wish we could edit posts older than one day here, but we can't...

The Aeon is still available for 290.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dro

Aeon price dropped to $250 due to the pads aging. The pleather has started to tear and flake.

Top Bottom