• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: MiniDSP EARS, Reed Instruments R8050 SPL meter and R8090 calibrator

Dro

MiniDSP EARS:
Affordable headphone measurement jig. Bought in 2018. Condition is very good. The silicone has yellowed a bit, but is still very flexible and tacky. The metal at the top has a bunch of tiny spots where the black coating went off and one slightly larger chip. I put some black tape over its LED, which is very bright and annoying whenever it is dark.

Comes with the original cardboard box for shipping and a 140 cm USB-A to USB-B cable.

Photos

$180 if you pick it up in Pasadena, CA. Shipping adds something between $20 and $35 for USPS Priority, fully insured. Due to its size, it will not fit a flat-rate box, so DM me your ZIP for an exact quote. Shipping within the US only.

Reed Instruments R8050 SPL meter and R8090 sound level calibrator:
Bought new October 2021. The SPL meter has two ranges, 30-100 dB and 60-130 dB. It does both A and C weighting and fast (125 ms) and slow (1 s) responses. Display has optional backlighting. Very easy to operate, everything has its own button and there is no menu to navigate. The calibrator fits the SPL meter and other 1/2" microphones. It outputs 1 kHz at 94 and 114 dB.

The SPL meter comes with original cardboard box, leather case and short manual. The calibrator comes in its original blister packaging.

Batteries for both devices are included.

Photos

$200 for the set if you pick it up in Pasadena, CA. Insured shipping with USPS Priority is $27. Shipping within the US only.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dro

The EARS measures pretty reliably below 2 kHz, above it gets a bit spotty. But my EARS already has been sold elsewhere. Unfortunately, you cannot edit posts here after 24 hours.

Reed R8050/R8090 still available.

Top Bottom