• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: JBL LSR705i (7pcs), Crown DCI-8300N, Crown DCI-21250N

Alpine M

Hi Everyone,

What is for sale:

7pcs of JBL LSR705i and a (necessary) Crown DCI-8300N to drive them. Additionally, I have a separate Crown DCI-21250N that previously drove the subwoofers.

Purchased in Dec 2015 when the LSR's were released, these were installed in Spring of 2016 as a 5.2CH setup, driving 5 LSR and 2 DIY Subwoofers.

In Oct 2016, I purchased 2pcs more LSR705i's and a Crown DCI2/1250N to drive the subwoofers separately. I never got around to installing the other 2pcs of LSR for a 7.2, so the crown generally ran with 5 channels active and the other 3 off. The 2pcs of LSR’s were never opened.

The overall system performance was fantastic, once integrated into the room to my tastes with AudioArchitect post-processing. Details, response, etc are all show in the YouTube video I did when I hosted the Detroit, Michigan Audio Club, SMWTMS.

Condition:

Everything is in excellent condition and come with all packing materials, etc.
Speakers we wall-mounted AVX mounts, I can include with the templates I made for them. Crown Amps were rack mounted in an upright pro-av rack in the closet. I can pre-load the speaker files on any/all channels before shipping so you don’t have to if you aren’t interested, or I can flash the amps back to default, no EQ.

The speaker’s packaging is excellent on the 5 opened speakers and perfect for the unopened pair.

The DCI21250N’s packaging is in good condition, a bit more ‘handled/scuffed’ than the speakers during inbound shipment due to the size and weight.

The DCI8300N’s packaging was victim to a MI winter power outage and got water damaged while stored in the basement. The amp was resting safely and peacefully in its rack when this happened, so no issues there. The foam inserts and packaging are still structurally sound, but the carboard is a touch ugly looking (see photos). If I do not find a local buyer, I will tape the snot out of it with clear tape with the buyer’s permission to ensure the box is strong.

Reason for Selling:
I've moved to GA from MI, and my new setup allows me to upgrade to a larger, tower-based setup. I’ll be moving to the new HDI-series from JBL, so I’m not straying too far here J

Price:
LSR705i - $400 each (7 available, 2 of the boxes are still unopened)
DCI-8/300N -$1200
DCI-2/1250N - $900
Combo for all $4000

Shipping to be charged at actual costs (insured), or you can provide prepaid labels.
Speakers are 11x9x14” @ 11lbs
Amp is 22x22x9” @ 28lbs

Location: Fayetteville GA 30215 - Demo's welcome to very serious buyers, I'd have to set them up, but that isn't an issue.

Thanks
Jim

IMG_0647 (2).JPG
IMG_0655 (2).JPG
IMG_0645 (2).JPG

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Wow. Must have been a fantastic system.

OP
A

Alpine M

I am unable to edit the listing above.

LSR705i's Lowered to $350 each. I have 7 of them.

Thanks,
Jim

OP
A

Alpine M

Wow. Must have been a fantastic system.

It sure was. The new HDI-3800's really are special, but I brought in the F328Be's at the same time and I haven't even turned on the downstairs HDI-system now in a month!

One guy bought both amps so far, we shall see who wants the speakers. I sort of dropped the ball on some responses to potential buyers as some mixed amp+speaker offers came in, then we lost touch.

I'm sure they'll sell, as they are great monitors, now with an even more attractive price :)

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How do you think those little speakers would do in a nearfield/desktop situation with a sub but without the sophisticated Harman EQ setup? I've heard they have a minor response quirk or two as-is, but I wonder if that could be effectively dealt with via a simpler, less costly EQing method. Thank in advance for your help!

Last edited:
Top Bottom