• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: ICEpower 300A2 Amplifier Modules (x8) - $85/ea - SOLD

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For sale, eight brand new ICEpower 300A2 amplifier modules, $85/ea + actual shipping cost. I purchased a 20 ct carton of these modules directly from ICEpower in April 2022. I am keeping 12 modules for various projects and am selling the remainder to help recoop the cost of buying more modules than I needed to get better bulk pricing. For reference if you buy a single module directly from ICEpower it will be $171.

Cable kits are currently unavailable from ICEpower and the vast majority of the spec'd JST housing / contacts are not available for purchase from typical suppliers (Digikey, Mouser, Newark, etc). As a result I have found alternative housings from TE that fit the receptacles on the module. I will include the following with each module so that you can make your cabling unless you request otherwise.

P1: TE 1744036-3 housing, TE 1123721-2 contacts (x3)
P3: TE 440129-6 housing, TE 1735801-1 contacts (x6)
P4: TE 1-1123722-2 housing, TE 1123721-2 contacts (x2)
P5: TE 1-1123722-2 housing, TE 1123721-2 contacts (x2)
P6: JST PHDR-08VS housing, JST SPHD-001T-P0.5 contacts (x6)
P7: TE 1-1470107-6 housing, TE 1470106-1 contacts (x10)

These modules are based on ICEpower's newest ICEedge IC and deliver vastly improved performance over past ICEpower offerings. I am personally using these modules as they have good power output, low noise, decent THD+N performance, low output impedance, high input impedance, balanced inputs, reasonable gain and good thermal design (integrated heatsink tapped for M3 which can be attached to a larger external heat sink like that of a Modushop dissipante case).

Basic specs below from datasheet.

output power @ 1% THD+N, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, 2 ch driven: 280 W x 2 in to 4 ohm, 145 W x 2 in to 8 ohm, 560 W x 1 in to 8 ohm
residual noise, 20 Hz to 20 kHz, unweighted: 30 uV (SE), 45 uV (BTL)
gain: 25.7 dB (SE), 31.7 dB (BTL)
input impedance, 1 kHz: 38 kOhm
1 kHz SINAD at 5 W in to 4 ohm: 100 dB
output impedance, 20 Hz to 20 kHz: < 40 mOhm (SE), < 65 mOhm (BTL)

These modules require a separate power supply. ICEpower offers their 1500S power supply which is a great match for multiple module builds but is overkill for smaller builds and has not been in stock for some time. Micro Audio offers alternative power supplies that work very well with these modules. I am personally using a single Micro Audio SMPS1K-PFRC2 power supply (+/- 55 V, +15 V driver, +/- 12 V aux) to supply two modules in my builds. This supply works great and the end result has very well behaved turn on / off behavior with no nasty pops, a built in 12 V trigger and is able to achieve the datasheet power figures. I am using an extra capacitor PCB with my SMPS1K-PFRC2, they also offer a supply called the Cobra S2 which has dual outputs and added capacitance to achieve the same result. For single module builds there is also the SMPS630-G which is lower power / smaller.

Buyer pays actually shipping cost, if you are interested in purchasing a module send me a PM with your zip code and how many you would like and I will send you a quote.

IMG_7775.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7776.jpeg

Michael

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
I believe that IcePower won't sell the cable set unless you are purchasing the amp as well...

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Had previously said that only one module is left but if some one is looking for a pair of modules I'd be happy to sell two and only keep 11 for myself :).

IMO 4 channel builds are definitely the sweet spot from a value perspective as fitting two modules in a single chassis is pretty easy and you can power two modules from a single Micro Audio SMPS1K.

Michael

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
SO how much would it be you think to make one 2 channel Amp utilizing these?

A lot of that will depend on your enclosure, here is what I am using for my 2 channel build (haven't decided yet on the enclosure for the 2 channel build). The wiring I already have on hand and can throw in 1-2 feet of if you need it.

ICEpower 300A2 module = 85
Micro Audio SMPS630-G power supply = 124
Micro Audio extra capacitors PCB (mine came with all necessary parts other than caps) = 5
Nichicon LLS 4700 uF 80 V caps (x4) = 22
Neutrik NC3FD-LX XLR sockets (x2) = 8
Parts Express insulated binding post set = 10
Parts Express switched/fused IEC AC jack = 3
Total = 257

Add in a chassis and you are looking at ~$400 total.

For reference here is the wiring I can include.

Input signal = Belden 1800B
AC power / speaker = Belden 8473
DC power = Consolidated 16 AWG stranded tinned copper
Control = Consolidated 22 AWG stranded tinned copper

Michael

Gaspar74

Thanks. This would be my first real venture into CLass D. I tihnk I may try something a bit cheaper and see if I dig class D. I have only had 2 CLass D stereo amps. A fosi from few years back, wasnt bad but too in your face and toy like. And One I use to power outdoor speakers.

Top Bottom