• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: HEDD Type 20 MK2 3-WAY Active Studio Monitor With DSP (Pair)

Neto Rare

Attachments

• 20210605_234800.jpg
    20210605_234800.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 309
  • 20210605_234807.jpg
    20210605_234807.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 238

Takanaka

Forum Donor
Slightly off topic but how did you like them? I heard a some mixed things about the MK1 models although mostly positive but I heard the MK2’s fixed a lot of small issues and adds quite a bit of versatility.

I was actually at a point in time recently where I was considering the Type 20 MK2 or even the Type 30 MK2 for a few hundred extra but I went with Neumann 310A’s in the end.

OP
Neto Rare

Neto Rare

Slightly off topic but how did you like them? I heard a some mixed things about the MK1 models although mostly positive but I heard the MK2’s fixed a lot of small issues and adds quite a bit of versatility.

I was actually at a point in time recently where I was considering the Type 20 MK2 or even the Type 30 MK2 for a few hundred extra but I went with Neumann 310A’s in the end.

I had the MK1 Type 20, but hated the implementation of the Lineariser so I upgraded to the MK2. The MK2s overall is just a more refined and polished product. Sonically, they're pretty much the same, but the built-in Lineariser seems to sounds a bit more cohesive than the original.

I actually owned the KH310 several times only to finally settled with the Type 20. My biggest complaints with the KH310 are the fuzzy mids and bass running out of steam. Everything seems to sounds very dull for hifi only listening use, but for mastering, its presentation could prove to be beneficial or a hindrance to some.

The only reason I'm selling the lovely MK2s is because I accidently bought the Mesanovic RTM10 and ended up liking it quite a bit more!

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
shows you don't need complicated math to control directivity
While your above statement isn't wrong, this is not a real example of such, as it has a waveguide and directivity isn't great either, but, yes, there exist also quite loudspeakers with smooth directivity without waveguides. By the way in earlier days waveguides were not numerically modeled and simulated but optimised iteratively with measurements, remember the Klein & Hummel (now Neumann) engineer telling and showing us more than 80 prototypes for one waveguide.

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Top Bottom