• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: H2O Audio S250 Signature Stereo Amplifier Updated !

artm

For sale is an H2O Audio S250 Signature stereo amplifier. Built by Henry Ho and designed to run Apogee Scintillas at 1-ohm, this puts out 250W/8-ohms and 500W/4-ohms, per channel, has dual transformers, four very large power supply caps.

You may read a favorable review here:

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/h2o2/1.html

The amp was updated by Henry as follows:
- Mundorf mcap Supreme EVO Silver Gold 0.10uF bypass caps
- pure foil and silver plated copper wiring for power supply
- both ICE modules replaced (with new ones of course)
- fully tested in his 1-ohm Scintilla system

I've had this for 10 years, second owner I believe. No scratches or dents, just dust in the pics.

The amp is at Henry's in Pearland, TX. It can be picked up or shipped from there.

$2000.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 276
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 254
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
So you join here to sell something and do not even mention what you want for it ?
6-moons reviews are always favorable and will tell you nothing what you need to know.
Ship it to Amir and let him do a review ;)

Tave5

For sale is an H2O Audio S250 Signature stereo amplifier. Built by Henry Ho and designed to run Apogee Scintillas at 1-ohm, this puts out 250W/8-ohms and 500W/4-ohms, per channel, has dual transformers, four very large power supply caps.

You may read a favorable review here:

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/h2o2/1.html

The amp was updated by Henry as follows:
- Mundorf mcap Supreme EVO Silver Gold 0.10uF bypass caps
- pure foil and silver plated copper wiring for power supply
- both ICE modules replaced (with new ones of course)
- fully tested in his 1-ohm Scintilla system

I've had this for 10 years, second owner I believe. No scratches or dents, just dust in the pics.

The amp is at Henry's in Pearland, TX. It can be picked up or shipped from there.

$2000.

Tave5

Guys, I have a Henry Ho H20 Amplifier that 1 module is blown. I realize Henry Ho out of Audio and that he used the B&O modules. They told me they don’t deal with individuals and talked to a bunch of Class D guys and nobody can help. If anyone can give me some insight/advice I’d really appreciate it. I can barely put a lightbulb in so I’m 180 degrees from a DIY enthusiast. If I can’t get a replacement module I’d certainly consider someone modifying it with 2 different modules . Cheers, Brett

OP
A

artm

1. Henry has been very sick and is recovering. I have not heard from him in a long while. Others have not as well.

2. Who told you "they" don't deal with individuals? Is "they" Henry? If so, he certainly does, albeit at a slow pace.

3. I'm waiting for him to return my old modules, one good one bad and the old bypass caps. I don't know if they match yours. Do you have a S250?

4. I can't recall which B&O modules he used. It would be ideal if you can upgrade them to something else, and I don't mean just the latest version of the same module. But, you'll need Henry's help for that, which may be impossible to get.

If I get my modules back, I'll contact you to see if you still need one. I'm not holding my breath though.

Tave5

Thanks for detailed reply artm! I’m certainly game if someone wants to put 2 new excellent modules in and use what they can and modify the rest. I’m getting nowhere but I’ll try B&O again. Cheers

Tave5

Hi artm, that’s a gracious offer and I’d like to do that. I’m wondering tho what else do u think would need done? I’ve had tube amps and class A solid state Amps and the only class D before the 5 hours I had the H20 is a Vinnie Rossi Signature 30.2 that I like a lot. That would be great if I can buy them and you install without major overhaul but I’d certainly be up for upgrades you feel would make it better. Where are u located?

OP
A

artm

I said you should do this, not me - I don't work on other people's gear.

Why don't you open the top cover and take pics of the inside? I can see what you have and perhaps advise on what to do.

Top Bottom