• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: GoldenEar Triton Ones

MickeyBoy

Forum Donor
These are the Ones, not the revision, the One.R. I am the original owner. I have the original boxes and will deliver to the STL area or anywhere in Missouri for the cost of gas. $2,600/pair. Contact me for shipping out of state. The reviews of this speaker have been uniformly excellent. (See Stereophile, Feb. 4, 2015.) I was attracted by the powered bass (1,600 watt class D amp below 100 Hz) and the clear, open, dynamic midrange. They are efficient and can play loud with low distortion.

What has changed? I have a very bad hearing loss. Damaged nerves add distortion; choral music and lieder are substantially unlistenable. Orchestral strings have lost their sweetness. I just cannot appreciate a speaker this good. My new listening room has very bad bass response. I am using a pair of Rythmik L12 subwoofers with Dirac to get a decent response. (btw, Dirac works great.) But with the crossover at 80 Hz I am wasting the Triton Ones' powerful bass. Time to move on.

[email protected]

Top Bottom