• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd gen - $260 shipped - SOLD

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For sale, Focusrite 18i20 2nd gen in like new condition, $260 shipped to continental US.

I've used this less than 10 hours since purchasing directly from Focusrite in November 2021. Comes in original packaging with USB cable and power cord.

Relevant specs can be found here -> https://store.focusrite.com/en-gb/c...rlett-18i20-2nd-gen/MOSC0015UKEU~MOSC0015UKEU. Brief summary of I/O shown below.

Supported Sample Rates
44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz at 24 bit

Inputs
8 ch analog, XLR / TRS combo jacks
ADAT (8 ch at 44.1/48 kHz or 4 ch at 88.2/96 kHz)
coaxial SPDIF
MIDI
asynchronous USB

Outputs
10 ch analog, TRS
ADAT (8 ch at 44.1/48 kHz or 4 ch at 88.2/96 kHz)
2 headphone outputs w/ independent volume control
MIDI
coaxial SPDIF
word clock

This interface is a good option for computer based DSP systems as it is USB class compliant (works perfectly on Linux) and knob on front panel can be used to control volume of all analog output channels. ADAT output also gives option of doing a large amount of output channels with a second interface.

Michael

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
...Could I use something like this (analog + digital out) to do
Windows|EAPO-->USB and see 2 channels stereo (digital) + 1 or 2 (analog) for subwoofer,
iow continue using EAPO, adding high-pass for stereo/main speakers (which have integrated DAC.)
...?

OP
M

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I do not know much about Windows audio but I've certainly done what you describe in Linux / CamillaDSP so imagine it will also work in Windows with EAPO.

All you need to do is set the clock to internal and then both the analog outputs and the digital outputs (ADAT and SPDIF) are sync'd to the internal clock. You an apply whatever processing you like to any output using EAPO / CamillaDSP.

The only issue to be aware of is although the volume knob on the front panel can control the analog outputs it does NOT control the digital outputs. This works for me as I use CamillaDSP for volume control (with an IR receiver and OLED display for volume indication) but if you are expecting the knob to control both digital and analog outputs it is something to be aware of.

Michael

Top Bottom