• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: Earthworks M30 matched pair (M30mp) measurement microphones - $1050 obo

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I bought these microphones shortly before the pandemic but barely used them. I'm honestly a little afraid of them. Also, since I bought them most of my measurements have been in room response (for which I most often use miniDSP UMIK-1 over with timing reference) so they have maybe 2-3 measurement sessions on them. Factory calibration dates from 10/2018.

They're too expensive and too nice to sit around. Includes two microphones in the factory wood case, two 1/2" calibrator adapters, calibration certificates, and I'll email electronic calibration files.

Asking $1050 shipped CONUS. See photos below.

M30 matched pair.jpeg
M30 out of the box.jpeg
M30 box.jpeg
M30 box bottom.jpegM30 cal cert.jpeg

Attachments

• M30 matched pair.jpeg
    M30 matched pair.jpeg
    244.1 KB · Views: 49

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
This is a great deal! Too bad I am not still recording and doing measurements (plus I have one already) or I'd be all over it. As it is I don't need them (like you, mine sits in the case 99.999% of the time now) and don't have the extra funds (or would be tempted anyway).

What preamp are/were you using?

OP
jhaider

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What preamp are/were you using?

I think when I used these it was with a Focusrite 2i2 or Apogee Duet2. Maybe even a little iRig thing. Nothing special. I've always been much more of a transducer snob than an electronics snob.

I just this week figured out how to set up the Focusrite Clarett 4Pre I've had for a year to run multiple mics with REW Pro, so never used it with the Earthworks mics.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I reviewed and measured the related M50. Great mikes. I have a pair of M23R ready to do recording in my new performance space.

This is a great deal, IMO.

Top Bottom