• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Friends car stolen, $6,000 cash reward.

Trouble Maker

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can only imagine having something like this happen is like losing a small part of oneself. This is the first car he ever owned, had it for 14 years and poured a ton of time into it to make it perfect. Please keep an eye out!

1616335626852.png

OP
T

Trouble Maker

Thanks everyone, the more eyes on the lookout the better. I know it's a long shot to get any info from here, but you never know where something might pop up.

OP
T

Trouble Maker

You would have to ask him or the detective/police deportment linked above for details. I've never been directly involved with anything like this, so I don't know the details of how it works. Not sure which semantics you are curious about, but I would imagine for tip leading to found car, not that you actually have to find it and return it yourself if that's what you meant. All most people care about in these situations is getting the thing back, not how it happens. Sometimes even if the thief decides to return it, they care about getting the thing back more than punishment... the police might though. All of the info he has put out there has said to contact Sunbury (suburb of a suburb of Columbus) PD with any information, detective's info is in the FB post and Youtube video.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good luck finding your truck, Trouble Maker. With a $5k reward you might find a taker.

Random trivia: when I visited China in 2018, (wouldn't risk it today), I noticed an amazing range of autos and trucks on the roads in Beijing, Xi'an, and the couple of other cities we visited. Most were Chinese manufactured versions of European, North American, and Japanese vehicles: a surprising number of Buicks and many Renaults. Also, numerous SUVs. There were quite a few luxury vehicles, presumably foreign made: many Teslas, up-range Mercedes and Audies, Maseratis, Bentleys, and at least one Rolls Royce. But I didn't see a single North American style pickup. Apparently they just aren't sold in China.

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Random trivia: when I visited China in 2018, (wouldn't risk it today), I noticed an amazing range of autos and trucks on the roads in Beijing, Xi'an, and the couple of other cities we visited.

IIRC it was less than 10yr. for the complete change. I was so surprised that I took a picture from the same spot years apart. In the early 2000's there were literally 15 person wide bicycle lanes filled with riders everywhere and many of the powered vehicles were homemade 3 wheel 2 stroke jitneys. Last time I was there, can't remember exactly, the bicycle lanes were still there but virtually empty.

Top Bottom