• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Frequency

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
That is quite a bit of built in margin in performance than..
Remember frequency is logarithmic so it's only a little more than an octave. Subjectively the same as going from 20 to 40 Hz ...

Ultrasonic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Trivial with an active XO already in place and I can A/B it with a single mouse click in real time

For info. I'll similarly be able to switch between different filter options with the press of a button with my miniDSP SHD.

DWPress

Forum Donor
Yes, I've used a miniDSP 4x10HD in the past - good stuff but somewhat limiting on the types of filters and slopes offered. Completely adequate for most needs.

Ultrasonic

Yes, I've used a miniDSP 4x10HD in the past - good stuff but somewhat limiting on the types of filters and slopes offered. Completely adequate for most needs.

I'll probably implement high-frequency roll-offs using Dirac Live, which will control the phase too. The SHD also has the sort of filter options you were familiar with on the 4x10 HD if I choose not to run Dirac over the full frequency range instead.

Top Bottom