• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Free US Covid Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
In the US you can get 4 totally free Covid tests for the asking.
No CC numbers, phone #'s or like are asked.
Simply name and address and an email only if you want shipping info.
www.covidtests.gov

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Are these test still so expensive in the US? In the EU you can get a test for less than 2 Euro’s now.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Free in the UK.
Well, they are for now. I imagine pcr tests will remain free but lateral flows to come at a charge soon.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Are these test still so expensive in the US? In the EU you can get a test for less than 2 Euro’s now.
They're free,
What about my post didn't you understand?
All we need to do is ask for them.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

“The White House estimates the cost of purchasing and distributing the first 500 million tests at about $4 billion. That will be paid for with money from the $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill Biden signed into law in March.”

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
I ordered some yesterday. Good to see the US is finally getting somewhat with the program, considering they've been available for longer in other countries.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Covid today isn’t Covid 2019-2020

I had Omicron. Vaccinated etc.

If I didn’t know anything about Covid and didn’t have a home test kit, I would’ve thought I had a cold.

Assume you have it if you have head cold symptoms and low grade fever and you don’t have tests available.

Otherwise, no need to test.

audio2design

Major Contributor
Covid today isn’t Covid 2019-2020

I had Omicron. Vaccinated etc.

If I didn’t know anything about Covid and didn’t have a home test kit, I would’ve thought I had a cold.

Assume you have it if you have head cold symptoms and low grade fever and you don’t have tests available.

Otherwise, no need to test.

Assume you have Covid, don't be selfish, and ISOLATE ... preferably at least 5 days from the onset of symptoms. That 5 days from exposure is just a small level above junk science. It is meant to keep the economy running, not minimize transfer. It's a short term thing to avoid healthcare disruption.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Where my sister works everyone was vaccinated. Just short of half eventually caught one variation or another. They are working from home now. 5 people vaccinated and boosted have caught it for a 2nd time (presumably the newer variant). Two people died. Three were in the hospital. The others ranged from pretty darn sick to sick about like the flu to "thought I just had a cold."

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Assume you have Covid, don't be selfish, and ISOLATE ... preferably at least 5 days from the onset of symptoms. That 5 days from exposure is just a small level above junk science. It is meant to keep the economy running, not minimize transfer. It's a short term thing to avoid healthcare disruption.
I isolated and was alone Wednesday before Christmas to the next Wednesday after.

Omicron is 4x more transmissive than previous is what I’ve read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom