• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

"Free Speaker cabinets [by Aerial Acoustics] - Take as many as you want" [Massachusetts]

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
amadeuswus

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Thread Starter #3
I can imagine it would be hard for a DIY project to make use of these cabinets, nice as they might be. On the other hand, if you've always wanted Stonehenge in your backyard in black MDF...

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can imagine it would be hard for a DIY project to make use of these cabinets, nice as they might be. On the other hand, if you've always wanted Stonehenge in your backyard in black MDF...
Yeah you might turn them into planters. I feel bad for the guy who has to get rid of 150 of them!

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
As a former owner of their very first speaker the 10t, I can attest that those boxes are undoubtedly well made. Don't know why a talented DIYer couldn't find drivers and build a xover to make an excellent speaker. Even if he didn't like the cut outs on the baffle, he could just replace it and put whatever speakers he wanted in that box.

Zvu

Why wouldn't you use your own front baffles ? Put it over existing one and route the openings you wish/need. You'd end up with Jamo D830 look.

Top Bottom