• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Frank Sinatra or Tony Bennett?

What artist seems to encapsulate the Holiday season?

• Frank Sinatra?

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Tony Bennett?

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Someone else

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Tony-Bennett-and-Frank-Sinatra.jpg

When I Think of Holiday Music, I often say Frank, but then, what I usually end up with is Tony.
November just rolled around. So its time to pull out the those wonderful spinning discs I got so long ago, and have them make their rounds on the carousel.

I use to think that all holiday music in this fashion of male vocals was all Frank Sinatra. Nope. The ones that got me tuning in was Tony Bennett.
This has been one of my Favorite CD's to listen to on the holidays.
81vO6q0oIAL._SL1500_.jpg

Something about a spinning disc going around just makes it feel better for the Holidays. It's about the only time I load up the TEAC CD changer. Also, getting a new disc is .57 Cents? What a great life it is!

So what do you guys like to play during the Holidays? I think I am missing out since all I get to really experience these days is the same programed stuff that always spins on the playlists. So I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share what you audio minded men and women enjoy during the Holidays?

Bonus points for Local acts and stuff that you may have just heard at your Local town festival etc.

I want to build a playlist to play outside as people walk by the Christmas decorations. I think it would cheer up some kids at heart for the holidays.
Thank you Everyone!

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I went with Tony because, in his prime, he was just an incredible vocalist.

At first, when I saw Zooey Deschanel, I thought that She & Him video was some sort of joke, but it actually sounds really nice!

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
This is all I need for Christmas.

I tear up every time I hear this one.

Tom C

Major Contributor
Tony Bennett is the better vocalist. But Frank walked the earth before Tony. And had the peak of his career at a time when that traditional style was more popular. So my vote is for Frank.
No votes for Bing Crosby? At one time the most widely heard human voice on the planet?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I'd probably say Sinatra. But I've got a TON of Christmas music and the last couple of years I've been enjoying December People and The Fab Four.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Maddy Prior:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Now, if it's Christmas Spirits yer talkin' 'bout:

Robin L

Master Contributor
And if it's Yule ya'll celebrate, this one's 100% pagan:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Xmas on the South Side of Chicago:

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Shame on you all for missing that Joe Williams is the undisputed heavyweight champion of Christmas:

Top Bottom