• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Franco Serblin Accordo Essence

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
On axis yes, better if you listen 15 degrees off, but that creates other issues.
Nice looking though.
‘Keith

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this beautifully speaker, measurement wise a good speaker?
By looking at measurements could anyone say this speaker is bright sounding or not?
http://www.gaudios.info/pdf/accordo_essence_hifirecords_012020.pdf

Looks slightly bright, but not too much. It's in a frequency range that might emphasise the 's' sound in vocals, and make some brass instruments sound a bit sharp. Decent performance in the basic specs, but you need more data for a complete picture of the speaker's performance (see Amir's reviews for example of how much data). Not very extended treble though, you will probably find less air/decay in brass instruments than a well-engineered speaker with smooth, extended treble.

OP
Pjetrof

Pjetrof

Thx not my speaker i think.
i m looking to buy pair of floorstander speaker they need to come in living room so they have to look nice.
But sound nice as well. I like the harbeth sound. Not the focal sound. Cant explain better.
Does someone have experience with Marten Oscar Trio?

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thx not my speaker i think.
i m looking to buy pair of floorstander speaker they need to come in living room so they have to look nice.
But sound nice as well. I like the harbeth sound. Not the focal sound. Cant explain better.
Does someone have experience with Marten Oscar Trio?

I don't suggest Marten. Another of those voodoo brands that use expensive parts, but holds them back with mediocre engineering.

For Italian speakers, I have been very impressed by Opera. They have a similar look to Sonus Faber or Serblin (wood, leather and curved enclosure), but they engineer good speakers with good parts. The measurements I can find look good as well. The Seconda or Quinta are both nice. Very smooth.

The larger Quinta:

ff618edab51e94eac1d5af4c1e819a93.jpg

For Danish industrial design and good engineering (but expensive because of the curved wood), there's Davone. A user here got their top model (Solo) and liked it very much.

1606665679870.png

For even better engineering than the two above (but may not be as pretty) there's the KEF Blade 2 or KEF Reference 5, depending on which one you like the look of more.

1606665729782.png

1606665750718.png

Kat3

I don't suggest Marten. Another of those voodoo brands that use expensive parts, but holds them back with mediocre engineering.

What about the Marten speakers engineering did not impress you? Was it how they sounded, some data you found, or just didn't like an aspect of the design?

Top Bottom