• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

Lennart

I am eagerly waiting for the release and test of this amp.
I was about to purchase an Aiyima A07, but I’m really intrigued by the cleanliness, modularity and (hopefully) better cooling of this unit. Plus I just really appreciate Fosi Audio’s interaction with this community. When I asked them about the release date on WhatsApp they also quickly replied. Just wanted to share my anticipation and appreciation. :)

meringo

I backed with the 48V power option over the 32V. I really hope they post some sort of spec comparison between the two, I probably don't need to go this route? I'm connecting a Chromecast Audio --> Atom DAC+ --> A07 (currently) --> ELAC DBR62 in a small room. @Fosi Audio This is a great example use case/argument for a remote. I'm not at a desk but don't really need anything more for a small room.

Lennart

I want to back the Kickstarter and order two, but I am worried about VAT and other import duties when receiving it in the EU. Fosi says they will ship from China and the declared value will be less than €10. Did anyone back a similar product on Kickstarter before, hassle free? I don’t want to be surprised with an extra 21% and other duties.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I became a member to say a few words to Fosi Audio. This will be my first post.

For the most part, I think smaller equipment is a good thing. However, the speaker terminals should be staggered.
The price is still unknown, but assuming it is around $100, you can't ask for better performance or power from a product in this class. It is excellent.
But this terminal makes it difficult to connect a spade plug.

Even if it is not possible this time, I hope that future Fosi-Audio products will use staggered terminals.

I admire your willingness to incorporate user feedback.

The text is created with a translation tool. Sorry for the unnatural English.
Thank you for your suggestions, yes, I think we will use staggered terminals if we have enough space, but the compact is still the primary sonsideration for such amplifiers.

spuddycol

I have stereo 2-way speakers, which each require their own amplification (4 channels needed total). If I bought two Fosi V3s, is there some way I can guarantee they both have the same gain? Would setting max volume on both be okay? There is a pre-amp/dsp before the amps that will do the volume control.

(This applies to any stereo amp really, was just looking at the Fosi).

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
wouldnt a sound level meter or even an app of your phone do this right? just to be sure

i'd love to see how you are doing the crossover and preamp etc.

Kimbrough Xu

I would love a nice AVR 5.1 preamp :) with 2 or 3 HDMI (4K compatible) inputs, 1 HDMI output with ARC and 4K capability, 1 or 2 toslink inputs, 1 good quality ADC input, 1 Bluetooth receiver, 6 or 8 channels well implemented ESS DAC a little DSP to setup delays, EQ and mixing of channels (crossover for the subwoofer, downmixing...), volume adjustment, an ethernet port (for webradio playing (providing the URL from the serial port or using radiobrowser as source of radios ?) and SMB or DLNA capability(FLAC, OGG, MP3, OPUS decoding) + a web interface to be able to control the system from a web-browser (old smartphone used as remote control) + public web API), a remote control or at least a serial port for DIY control.
A USB and SD card for playback and recording. Stereo audio codec could maybe be done using a VLSI VS1205 ?
Most bluray players can convert the Dolby and DTS codecs to PCM, so a codec decoding capability might not be useful and we can save on licensing fees on this?
How much will you pay for it?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i suspect even someone like Tonewinner who has experience with that would have a very hard time coming to the table with a satisafactory product.

zeluxao

The overall aesthetics are also getting better. Like the clean look of this unit, the font used (type and size) and the small logo on the top also looks nice and differenciator. It would be nice if they could build a stackable preamp with a remote. Maybe more on the digital realm, including other features such as tone controls, some eq options (loudness, bass boost, etc.), and a screen/ display that was dimmable and with auto off. Oh, and with colour options for the unit itself (black and that grey of the bt20a pro)so it could be used with some of their other models on offer that also don't have a remote.
I actually stumbled upon something that can do the trick. The sabaj a10h. Seems to have more or less the same dimensions, so stackable. Works as a preamp (also as headphone amp), has a remote, several gain options, not expensive, seems well built and has nice reviews and it can be upgradable with a linear power supply (or other) at 15v.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I also ordered the V3, not that I need it, but I like to finance companies that listen to customers and improve themselves.
@Fosi Audio Considering that it should have quality capacitors, I trust that they can handle well all the power that chip can deliver, furthermore, having no tone controls, I hope that the response is as independent as possible from the load.
I'm buying blindly just to promote and reward companies that work at the service of customers.

tgrauss

How much will you pay for it?
I already have an hd915 which I bought for 100 euros.
I guess that we can do the same but with a better case, a better ess DAC and a RS232 port (for DIY remote control), an ethernet port, it should cost maybe 150 or 200 euros.
If it is too expensive to develop a nice firmware, they could make a simple one and make it so that we can remote control our-self the DAC via serial (like managing the webradio part, it would be enough if we could at least tell the system the URL to play, select the input, the volume... via serial)

Lennart

Pricing shows $107.99 and $131.99 for me and it changes to $108.89 and $133.09 when updating to my country (The Netherlands).

Note that you can sign up for a $15 early bird discount on their product page:

You can pick your preferred shop (Amazon, eBay, AliExpress or Fosi’s own website)

Last edited:

Talisman

Forum Donor
Yes (US$ 90/110 depending on the PSU), it is already listed in their shop as available for preordering:

Considering that most of the "improvements" compared to the Bt20a pro are to increase the dissipation capacity and ensure stable performance at high power, I would say that buying the 32 volt power supply makes little sense.
This V3 was produced to better manage the 48 volts (also thanks to the better capacitors).

potfur

Considering that most of the "improvements" compared to the Bt20a pro are to increase the dissipation capacity and ensure stable performance at high power, I would say that buying the 32 volt power supply makes little sense.
This V3 was produced to better manage the 48 volts (also thanks to the better capacitors).
Possibly; still, if you know that you don't need the maximum power, the amp should run a bit cooler / possibly have a longer life when fed 32 volts.

Talisman

Forum Donor
@Fosi Audio Will you be sending a specimen to Amir for testing? I have good hopes considering that you have sent the last two productions for review.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I hope a review unit gets sent quickly to Amir, there will be a lot of interest I think for this one...perhaps this year's Aiyima A07 value king...?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i think that's a forgone conclusion

credit to fosi for being the most transparent of these manufacturers

I think finally we have the TPA king.

Top Bottom