• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

amanieux

Did you read the controversy between crinacle and kz about that "collaboration"?
yes kz fucked up and put drivers that were not used or subliminaly used but rewiwers that could hear trebble said trebble was really bad (that is also what i heard) and cheapaudioman said it was great

Timstunes

Forum Donor
Well, no idea about this amp as I'll never buy it but CAM has also trashed this DAC:

So AKM sucks?

So a bit later he loves this AKM DAC:

Not really that consistent.

He claims the first AKM DAC has problems in the treble but this is likely because he listens through these cheapo Sony speakers...which has elevated treble:
He did a similar thing with the best speaker under $200 shootout reviews. I don’t remember exactly but I know sometimes he picked the JBL A130s and an another the Emotiva B1+.

Timstunes

Forum Donor
Look, for the money and the performance, it's insanely good.

Not remotely SOTA, but more than good enough for a decent rendition of HiFi for a whole lotta people for very little money.
Does anyone have a personal comparison with the Aiyima A07?

EMCCM

I received my TB10D ($60 Amazon Cyber Monday) and my third WiiM Mini ($80 Cyber Monday), and hooked them up to my 2004 NHT SB3’s that I haven’t used since receiving my BMR Towers. All I can say is I’m incredibly impressed about the power and subjective sound quality for the money. I can’t tell a difference between this setup and the NAD integrated amp I previously powered them with. ASR is a great site, bringing scientific reviews that appeal to my background in engineering (mechanical, so I guess I don’t really understand any of these graphs…) and my skeptical brain. I know this isn’t the best measuring amp, but it’s great that in 2022 you can have GOOD sounding amp with reasonable power for under $100.

D1N0

I think the issue is that these knobs are not accurate, so 12 o'clock position does not give you neutral sound.
I noticed right away the volume knob doesn't go down past 8 o clock, and the bass and treble to 8 o clock on the left and 6 o clock on the right. Tried to pull them off but they wouldn't budge. Didn't want to pull too hard. Here everyting to the left first, then everything to the right.
MAR10353.JPG

turned left

MAR10354.JPG

Turned right

Without having plugged in speakers yet I can tell the power supply is noisy. I can hear it hum.

Last edited:

D1N0

No noise trough the speakers though. Even with the volume wide open, no source attached. But the power supply noise disqualifies it for bedroom use. Maybe get an individually switchable power strip.

Jacob8275

The noise is from the power supply? my unit don't have this issue, maybe you need to change a power strip to have a try.

D1N0

The noise is from the power supply? my unit don't have this issue, maybe you need to change a power strip to have a try.
It's not the strip. It hums directly in the wall socket as well. It was on a separate group with nothing else attached.

Gratefuldad

I tried a linear power supply (36V) with the TB10D. I tested with FLAC files through USB - Topping E30. It was easier to discern the vocal nuances. - I felt the clarity was better with this. It would good to know if anyone tried this and their experience.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-13 at 18.22.51.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-12-13 at 18.14.48.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-12-13 at 18.14.48.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 81

antcollinet

Master Contributor
So far, no test of equipment has shown an audible improvement when used with an alternative - suppsed low noise - power supply. If you tested sighted, the most likely explanation would be cognitive biases being at play.

Even if you tested blind - if you didn't carefully level match the before/after, then all bets are off.

Gratefuldad

So far, no test of equipment has shown an audible improvement when used with an alternative - supposed low noise - power supply. If you tested sighted, the most likely explanation would be cognitive biases being at play.

Even if you tested blind - if you didn't carefully level match the before/after, then all bets are off.

That is a distinct possibility - however, opens up the debate on an amp that measures well, also sounds well. In this case it would be interesting to know whether this specific unit of bundled power supply was adequate in first place. Out of my expertise area of course.

Gratefuldad

I noticed right away the volume knob doesn't go down past 8 o clock, and the bass and treble to 8 o clock on the left and 6 o clock on the right. Tried to pull them off but they wouldn't budge. Didn't want to pull too hard. Here everyting to the left first, then everything to the right.

I also struggled with the 8 O clock issue and decided to open up the amp to see if the knobs are secured otherwise inside (you can use two different allen keys to open if you need to). There is no additional hold on the knobs - they pull out - its a bit easier to hold the PCB in chassis open condition to pull them out. Then it can go back in at the position you desire - viz 8 O clock!

On another note I found the speaker terminals soldering below par with hints of dry solder. Fixing this will preferably need to unscrew the terminals which have Loctite- I left it for another day!

3.jpeg
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
0.jpeg
4.jpeg

D1N0

Thanks. The tone controls were a bit harder to get off. Just keep pulling them an they slowly give in. Now everything looks ok. Your picture gave me the courage to pull them off, as it is obvious I would't stress the print board doing so.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wouldn't. In fact i would get the new A07 Pro and if you do let us know what you think.
Funny you should say that as I did treat myself to an A07 Pro hasn't arrived yet. It will be interesting to see how the A07 Pro compares to the basic A07 - I still have an A07.

Schlippwhip68

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Funny you should say that as I did treat myself to an A07 Pro hasn't arrived yet. It will be interesting to see how the A07 Pro compares to the basic A07 - I still have an A07.
At the risk of some common felt disappointment to you I have just read that the rca output on the A07 Pro is sub par to the original standard A07 but the bluetooth is supposed to be outstanding...well at best on the same scale of quality as the standard A07 RCA output. Suffice to say if the A07 Pro does disappoint then you could always return it and maybe grab the newly revised version of the Fosi Audio TB10D. The second revision of that amp has got rave reviews from the CheapAudioMan on Youtube.

Top Bottom