• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 135 52.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.7%

• Total voters

kaopad999

This attitude is exactly the kind of "extremism" we are accused of as an objective forum. The fact that you measure better means that it will have a more accurate reproduction (unquestionable) but it does not mean that you will like it more, because tastes are not always related to flawless execution, there is no reason to deny this fact in the same way in which makes no sense to deny the measurements.
I am an objectivist, I love this site, they are the only reviews I give credit to, but in my system I have the Klipsch rp600m, which deserved a beheaded panther and which in my environment sound pleasant to my ears like no other more correct speakers do. (kef Q350, Elac debut 6.2). So measurement is important to establish certain points, but it does not replace listening, because personal tastes are not the same for everyone.
Exactly what i was saying,. look at the measurements then try speakers based on those those to confirm what you like. i'm fully aware that for exmaple 3 speakers that messure well can sound very different. My point being is a speaker that does not messure well or has flaws will show up in certain recordings. Therefore it is a sensible buiying choice to look at measurements first. No none on this forum or Amir have ever said that you should buy soemthing and expect to like it puely based on measurements. what is a bad measuring speaker? is there a "perfect" measuring speaker?
it's all subjective.
If you don't know what a bad measuring speaker is then you're obviousy a little lost

kaopad999

That's why we send Fosi Audio TB10D to Amirm to test, as we want to find problems through Amirm's professional tests,
Thank you so much. This really shows that you Fosi Audio are committed to rectifying issues that may arise & imnproving your future upgrades.
I very much look forward to your future products

Regards

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Exactly what i was saying,. look at the measurements then try speakers based on those those to confirm what you like. i'm fully aware that for exmaple 3 speakers that messure well can sound very different. My point being is a speaker that does not messure well or has flaws will show up in certain recordings. Therefore it is a sensible buiying choice to look at measurements first. No none on this forum or Amir have ever said that you should buy soemthing and expect to like it puely based on measurements. what is a bad measuring speaker? is there a "perfect" measuring speaker?

If you don't know what a bad measuring speaker is then you're obviousy a little lost
(Bold from me)
In fact, if I had done as you suggest, I wouldn't have even listened to the klipsch given Amir's sharp rejection.
I would have said "no, these measure badly, it is useless to listen to them" and I would have missed those who are my favorite speakers at the moment.
Mind you, I am absolutely aware that they are not the most balanced speakers, but what I have understood after so many years is that I am passionate about music, not "hifi" at all costs, so if something "colors" the music making it more fun at the my ears are fine with me, the important thing is to be aware of it and not pretend to say "the measurements suck because I like this more".

Graham849

Forum Donor
Yes, Fosi Audio is committed to providing the best audio experience to our customers.

As a matter of fact, the video of cheapaudioman is the reason of this new version! We first found it and realised the noises effected audio experience, so we optimizing it and the noise has gone as well as many other improvements.

We listen to all voices so that we can make great products. That's why we send Fosi Audio TB10D to Amirm to test, as we want to find problems through Amirm's professional tests, and know what you guys think through more professional comments and replies, so as to optimize our products.

We believe that a great product will have good sales, and listen to the voices of our customers is an effective way to make a great product! So temporary problems will not stop us. We've always wanted to make a better amplifier.

Welcome to Fosi Audio to let us know if you have any ideas about amplifiers and other HIFI products.
Thank you for your interaction and positive reactions.
When do you expect Fosi Audio TB10D to be released for Australian market on Amazon.com.au?

kaopad999

(Bold from me)
In fact, if I had done as you suggest, I wouldn't have even listened to the klipsch given Amir's sharp rejection.
I would have said "no, these measure badly, it is useless to listen to them" and I would have missed those who are my favorite speakers at the moment.
Mind you, I am absolutely aware that they are not the most balanced speakers, but what I have understood after so many years is that I am passionate about music, not "hifi" at all costs, so if something "colors" the music making it more fun at the my ears are fine with me, the important thing is to be aware of it and not pretend to say "the measurements suck because I like this more".
I respect your own experience with the Klipsch, and i'm glad that you enjoy them, however, from my experience with the Q acoustics that i bought actually aligned perfectly with Amir's review and measurements on the 3020i's. I am not saying they sound terrible , even if they do measure quite poorly in some areas, they can still be a fun speaker, but the problem is with some recordings, especially around the 5K mark which Amir showed in his review, it makes them sound very shrill and harsh at times. That to me is a big no no for someone with good healthy hearing as it can just ruin the overall listening experience.

If i had known this before buying them i would not have bought them in the first place because i know for a fact that my ears are very sensitive to bright speakers. And this is why i now see the value in measurements. Also take into account that many people live outside the US and UK so don't have the luxury of being able to return products if they simply don't like them, so messuremnts i feel can also save people from buyers regret.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thank you so much. This really shows that you Fosi Audio are committed to rectifying issues that may arise & imnproving your future upgrades.
I very much look forward to your future products

Regards
Thank you for your support

Michou

well if you paid $77.00 for a $73.00 item, I just don't know what to say. I have never paid 1 cent for shipping from Amazon and if you know of a pair of speakers for $73.00 that sound better than those Sonys, please let me know.
You're probably based in the continental U.S. or another country were there's little or no shipping costs when buying from Amazon Prime. I live overseas and have to pay additional air freight, customs duties and Value Added Tax. So you know, a pair of NHT Superzero 2.1 could be had for about the same total amount when on sale and are, to my ears at least, way more satisfying and enjoyable. YMMV but to each its own.

Last edited:

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thank you for your interaction and positive reactions.
When do you expect Fosi Audio TB10D to be released for Australian market on Amazon.com.au?
It will be released in one or two month, now you can purchase from here.

4Real

lmao

bobitto

Forum Donor
I have it in my garage paired with Polk bookshelves. I like the tone controls possibility. It sounds pretty well for this small box and loud. Streaming from Chromecast Audio.

Jacob8275

I have it in my garage paired with Polk bookshelves. I like the tone controls possibility. It sounds pretty well for this small box and loud. Streaming from Chromecast Audio.
Really great little amplifier.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

amazingly Fosi 'fixed' this unit according to what Randy complained about...

it says its [Upgraded Version] but there doesnt seem to be any way to differentiate between the old and the new (ie. v1.0 - v1.1 etc.)

about $100 delivered to my country, i think inc. psu

or spend double on an smsl a300 and leave no doubt at all... and get double the power

dpuopolo

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Fosi Audio TB10D stereo amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and is only sale for US $70 on Amazon including shipping.
View attachment 233507

We have the typical compact desktop aluminum case. Controls feel nice for the class. Tone controls are not centered however for flat response (you can see in the picture what I set them to). Typical of these budget amplifiers, power is provided externally through a switching supply:
View attachment 233509

Binding posts are spaced out a bit more which made it easier for me to plug in my large cables.

This is a class D amplifier based on TI TPA3255 single chip amplifier.

Fosi Audio TB10D Measurements
Let's start with our usual 5 watts measurement of 1 kHz tone into 4 ohm load:
View attachment 233510

Dominant distortion is third harmonic which essentially sets SINAD to same level. This is slightly below average but considering the price of this amp, it is reasonable:
View attachment 233511

View attachment 233512

Kind of interesting that the $5,900 Jeff Rowland 535 amplifier lands almost next to it!

Signal to noise ratio is modest but again, good for the class:
View attachment 233513

Crosstalk holds its own against much more expensive amplifiers:
View attachment 233514

Frequency response is variable due to bass and treble control and load dependency:
View attachment 233515

The load dependency is the norm in this class. Hopefully some amp comes along and with no cost penalty takes care of that (by incorporating the output filter into the feedback loop).

Distortion rises with frequency which we can see in multitone test:
View attachment 233516

Power is everything in amplifiers so let's see how much we have:
View attachment 233517

This is quite healthy for such a small and low cost amplifier! It gets even better if we allow 1% distortion:
View attachment 233518

We are talking essentially 200 watts coming out of this little box! Cost per watt is just 35 cents. Amazing.

Even with 8 ohm load we get good amount of juice:
View attachment 233520

Amplifier "transfer function" (output vs input) is very good for class D although it does show rise in distortion as noted earlier:
View attachment 233521

Of note, you still have 66 watts of power at 20 Hz. Many budget amps drop to 20 or so watts which can be problem as bass is what requires power.

Conclusions
Maybe one day this will change for for now, in under $100 range you can't expect perfection in performance of a stereo amplifier. What you do want to see is delivering healthy amount of power with close to our average of all of our amplifiers tested to date. On that front, the Fosi Audio TB10D delivers. If you need an amplifier for secondary use (bedroom, workshop, etc.), the TB10D is a very good candidate for no more money than one or two dinners!

I am going to recommend the Fosi Audio TB10D amplifier.

-----------
As always, questions, comments, recommendations, etc. are welcome.

Any donations are much appreciated using: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-support-audio-science-review.8150/
This amp is a piece of junk! Plug it into an Echo dot, play something and listen to the quantization crap 25 db down! It sounds like a badly gated *fuzz* around the syllables and doesn't happen with the Aiyima A07, just this one. It's going back to Amazon tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Device "reviewed" by Cheapaudioman some months ago and he absolutely trashed it. Complained about noise and unit sounding bad. Different strokes, I guess but I am still curious to hear comments from users that actually listened to it Here is a link FYI:
This is the upgraded version and Cheapaudioman made a new review for it.

kaopad999

This amp is a piece of junk! Plug it into an Echo dot, play something and listen to the quantization crap 25 db down! It sounds like a *fuzz* around the syllables and doesn't happen with the Aiyima A07, just this one. It's going back to Amazon tomorrow.
is it possible that you bougth the old version?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Seems the SNR is on track with the manufacturer specs;
However, 300W@4 ohm... not even remotely close.

There are some reports online as well (video) that the power cable connector can arc, so the suggestion is to of course plug the unit into the PSU before turning on. I believe this is mentioned in the manual too...

Seems to be an improvement over the BT10A.

Nice to see ASR measurements on this basic amp... have been waiting for the next review @amirm. :cool:

JSmith
Hey JSmith, this is the review from Cheapaudioman for the new version of Fosi Audio TB10D

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
I watch all CheapAudioMan videos. I enjoy him and I find some of his videos worth the watch, but I think that if either of the units he thrashed above were US made, then he might have something different to say.
I think that based on Amir's review, for $70 this little amp is fine. Thanks for the review Amir.
Hey, here is the review from Cheapaudioman for Fosi Audio TB10D the upgraded version.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Hey JSmith, this is the review from Cheapaudioman for the new version of Fosi Audio TB10D
Thanks for the reply Fosi, however I don't put much credence in his "reviews" anyway... the only thing of note in the first one was the power plug arcing comment and that is easily solved by turning on the power after connecting the plug. Best of luck in further development of your companies audio products.

JSmith

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply Fosi, however I don't put much credence in his "reviews" anyway... the only thing of note in the first one was the power plug arcing comment and that is easily solved by turning on the power after connecting the plug. Best of luck in further development of your companies audio products.

JSmith
Thank you, and if you have any ideas of our products, you are welcome to let us know

Top Bottom