• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 74 28.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 136 52.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 30 11.6%

• Total voters

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Hey Fosi Audio, welcome to ASR and thanks for sending in this product for testing/review. :)

With respect to the above though, what about businesses that still have stock of the older release with the same model number? Or are you confident there are none?

JSmith
We are confident there are none old version in the market, because we only produced 200 units in the first batch, and they were sold through our own channel. When we received the feedback, we stopped the sales immediately and made the optimization.

And welcome to fosi audio to replace for the new release if you are not satisfied with the noise level.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Soon, they'll build the whole amplifier into the SMPS supply and you'll just get a volume control in a matchbox on your desk...
Take a look at my mid-high amp (no PS,obviously)

300a2.PNG

Michou

We are confident there are none old version in the market, because we only produced 200 units in the first batch, and they were sold through our own channel. When we received the feedback, we stopped the sales immediately and made the optimization.

And welcome to fosi audio to replace for the new release if you are not satisfied with the noise level.
Challenge taken. Bought one just now on sale from Amazon's UK site, sold by FOSI Audio Factory. Final cost including shipping and taxes amounted to the grand total of $51.00. Will offer opinions after receipt.

Last edited:

PeteL

Major Contributor
That has become a norm in this class. If they tell the truth while others don't, it will cost them sales.
I have to admit, out anyone in the audio industry you are the last person I would have thought a comment like that would come from. Because It make it sound like an acceptable fatality, or maybe I misunderstand you you can perhaps elaborate. Getting more sales is the reason any manufacturers will lie in their specs, in any price bracket. But at the end of the day, disinformation is a plague, there is no good reason to lie and claim a product can do what it is incapable of doing. This disinformation spreads throughout buyers, buyers friends, not everybody has to understand the technical aspects but in this day and age of everybody can just say anything and present it as a fact, when a blatant lie like that is demonstrated, it really should be condemned, especially for the reason you mentioned, it becomes the norm if even science based forum consider this as just a business decision with not even a tap on the wrist, even a recommendation. A site like that should contribute in lies not becoming the norm. I think you agree, just felt this statement came trough with very much lightness, even if it's just an ascertainment.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
That has become a norm in this class. If they tell the truth while others don't, it will cost them sales.
Agreed,but if the single most important feature of an amp -power,amplification - is a lie we should know and avoid anyone lying and reward the honest ones.
This must be the norm.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All the Chinese "chip amp" suppliers exaggerate like that -- even the sensational Aiyima A07 is rated that way in advertising copy.
Everyone is a liar hence lying is acceptable? :rolleyes: Where has the concept of punishing indecency gone?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i dont know how anyone can complain about power... 40w @ 8 ohm w/ good thd at this price and size?
You buy a new cheap car to drive in town, to go to supermarket, etc. The dealer and the specs said it can do 90mph but you will only ever do 40mph at most so it is fine by you. One day you go out of town and realised that on the interstate you cannot even reach 50mph. Will you not complain and feel cheated?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
  • What you Get: TB10D amplifier x1, User Manual x1, 32V/5A Power Adapter x1(Note: You need a more powerful power supply to get the MAX 300W x2 power output, such as 48V/10A), AC Cord x1, 18-month worry-free warranty, and friendly customer service.
Their specs say:
  • DC Input Range: DC 18V -48V
If we feed the amplifier with PSU rated at 48VDC @ 10A we can have a 480W power at input.

How do they then think the amplifier can generate 300W x 2 = 600W? Do they expect to generate 120W of energy from air?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Their specs say:

If we feed the amplifier with PSU rated at 48VDC @ 10A we can have a 480W power at input.

How do they then think the amplifier can generate 300W x 2 = 600W? Do they expect to generate 120W of energy from air?
I feed mine +60/-60 plus +15/-15 plus 12V for Vdrive to meet the spec of 2X300watt.Sometimes I think they consider that people can't even use a simple calculator :facepalm:

PeteL

Major Contributor
I feed mine +60/-60 plus+15/-15 plus 12V for Vdrive to meet the spec of 2X300watt.Sometimes I think they consider that people can't even use a simple calculator :facepalm:
Yours? You mean you have this amp and it does produce 600 Watts? In this enclosure with the same heat sinks? (if there are any). How long have you been able to run this test?

Sokel

Master Contributor
Yours? You mean you have this amp and it does produce 600 Watts? In this enclosure with the same heat sinks? (if there are any). How long have you been able to run this test?
Your right to ask,it's not clear,no,I don't have fosi,obviously,I have Ice Power edge 300a2 (hooked on an 1200as2) and I'm runing them 24/7 for 9 months now (allthough they get on stand-by if they detect no signal for 13 min.)

PeteL

Major Contributor
Your right to ask,it's not clear,no,I don't have fosi,obviously,I have Ice Power edge 300a2 (hooked on an 1200as2) and I'm runing them 24/7 for 9 months now (allthough they get on stand-by if they detect no signal for 13 min.)
Got it thanks.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
r
Their specs say:

Dear @sarumbear , dont you know that cheap class d amps and marketing will solve all energy proplems we have. ;)

100W in 200W out. Fantastic!!!

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Top Bottom