• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 64 30.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 108 51.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 21 10.1%

• Total voters

amanieux

Did you read the controversy between crinacle and kz about that "collaboration"?
yes kz fucked up and put drivers that were not used or subliminaly used but rewiwers that could hear trebble said trebble was really bad (that is also what i heard) and cheapaudioman said it was great

Timstunes

Well, no idea about this amp as I'll never buy it but CAM has also trashed this DAC:

So AKM sucks?

So a bit later he loves this AKM DAC:

Not really that consistent.

He claims the first AKM DAC has problems in the treble but this is likely because he listens through these cheapo Sony speakers...which has elevated treble:
He did a similar thing with the best speaker under $200 shootout reviews. I don’t remember exactly but I know sometimes he picked the JBL A130s and an another the Emotiva B1+.

EMCCM

I received my TB10D ($60 Amazon Cyber Monday) and my third WiiM Mini ($80 Cyber Monday), and hooked them up to my 2004 NHT SB3’s that I haven’t used since receiving my BMR Towers. All I can say is I’m incredibly impressed about the power and subjective sound quality for the money. I can’t tell a difference between this setup and the NAD integrated amp I previously powered them with. ASR is a great site, bringing scientific reviews that appeal to my background in engineering (mechanical, so I guess I don’t really understand any of these graphs…) and my skeptical brain. I know this isn’t the best measuring amp, but it’s great that in 2022 you can have GOOD sounding amp with reasonable power for under $100.

D1N0

I think the issue is that these knobs are not accurate, so 12 o'clock position does not give you neutral sound.
I noticed right away the volume knob doesn't go down past 8 o clock, and the bass and treble to 8 o clock on the left and 6 o clock on the right. Tried to pull them off but they wouldn't budge. Didn't want to pull too hard. Here everyting to the left first, then everything to the right.
MAR10353.JPG

turned left

MAR10354.JPG

Turned right

Without having plugged in speakers yet I can tell the power supply is noisy. I can hear it hum.

Last edited:
Top Bottom