• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT30D PRO TPA3255 "Subjective review"

robertospeed

Fosi Audio BT30D PRO new version with chip TPA3255

Front 1.jpg

Back.jpg

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro is the updated version of the BT30D

Description:

It is a Class D mini amplifier with Bluetooth 5.0, a single RCA input, a pre-out output, a passive subwoofer output with volume adjustment and frequency adjustment, outputs for a pair of passive speakers.

Unfortunately it does not have a remote control and therefore I recommend it for desktop use, the amplifier works quite well, there are no roonzii of any kind in RCA or even in Bluetooth. Bluetooth feels pretty good even if it's not in HD. There is no pop noise on the speakers during power on and off, all the knobs of the tone and volume controls work quite well and are very smooth and there is no crackling on the speakers when they are turned.

I couldn't find any faults with this amp, it works quite well and the sound is very sweet and refined, not like the Aiyima A07 which is too edgy in the high mids.

By ear I think it reaches 40 watts into 8 ohms with the supplied 32v 5a power supply, tested with Dali Spektor 2 bookshelf speakers and with Elac active subwoofer in pre-out output and also with Dali spektor 1 speakers you see on the video , also tested with magnat 1002 and Q Acoustic 3050i floorstanding speakers and it sounds great and handles them great.

Power Supply 32V 5A

Alimentatore.jpg

I haven't tried the passive subwoofer output because I don't have the passive subwoofer, but anyway from pre-out with my active subwoofer it works great.

The box with all the accessories
Accessori 1.jpg

Here you can see the video of the amplifier

These are the specifications that Fosi Audio declares

• Advanced 2.1CH Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver Amplifier achieves HiFi music quality, the best choice for your home audio entertainment. You can connect passive speakers/passive subwoofer/powered speakers/powered subwoofer to DIY a stereo sound system.

• Fosi Audio BT30D Pro is the upgraded version for BT30D. All-NEW Black Aluminum Appearance. BT30D VS BT30D Pro: MAX Power Output: 50 Watt x2+100 Watt VS 165 Watt x2+350 Watt, Amplifier Chip: TPA3116D2 VS TPA3255. Output: RCA output for powered subwoofers VS 3.5MM full-range output for powered subwoofers and speakers. Just choose one model for your needs.

• BT30D Pro Adopts 2PCS Texas Instruments TPA3255 high-performance Class-D power amplifier chip. BT30D Pro can drive up to 2 x 175 W into 4-Ω load and 2 x 220 W into 3-Ω load. In addition to excellent audio performance, TPA3255 achieves both high power efficiency and very low power stage idle losses below 1 W. This is achieved through the use of 60 mΩ MOSFETs and an optimized gate driver scheme that achieves significantly lower idle losses than typical discrete implementations.

• Professional wireless amp with subwoofer frequency, SUB volume, master volume/bass/treble control. No pop sound, no audible noise during the connection. Have a good time with Hifi music journey.

• What You Get: BT30D Pro Amp x1, power supply x1, user manual x1, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.

Specifications​

• Model: BT30D PRO
  • Output Power: 165W x2+350W@4Ω
  • Terminating Impedance: 2-8Ohms
  • Input Mode: Bleutooth + RCA
  • Output Mode: Passive Speakers/Subwoofer + AUX
  • Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
  • THD: ≤0.03%
  • SNR: 108dB
  • Chip Set: TPA3255
  • DC Input Range: 12 - 36V
  • Bluetooth Transmission Distance: Up to 50 Ft
  • Bluetooth Name: Fosi Audio BT30D PRO
  • Device Dimension:
  • Power Supply: 32V 5A Power Supply

Package Include​

• Fosi Audio BT30D PRO x1
  • Bluetooth Antenna x1
  • 32V 5A Power Supply x1
  • User Manual x1

Graham849

Forum Donor
Thanks Roberto I always enjoy your reviews.

My question, is Bluetooth always on, or can it be turned off? I had to get rid of my Fosi BT30D as BT was always on and looking to connect.

OP
robertospeed

robertospeed

My question, is Bluetooth always on, or can it be turned off? I had to get rid of my Fosi BT30D as BT was always on and looking to connect.
it is activated automatically if you activate bluetooth from your smartphone and if you give your consent to the Fosi Audio BT30D PRO, I don't know if I have explained myself well, but unfortunately I never use bluetooth on these amps because I don't care, however I always do the tests

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yes, the pre-out is designed for connecting to an active subwoofer as well as active speakers or another power amplifier so that you can connect to multichannels.

As for the remote control, do you want to use it for your TV or something? Usually we don't not adjust the volume when listning to music.

gnat_leader

it is activated automatically if you activate bluetooth from your smartphone and if you give your consent to the Fosi Audio BT30D PRO, I don't know if I have explained myself well, but unfortunately I never use bluetooth on these amps because I don't care, however I always do the tests

no pics of the internals?

Bellboy718

This unit is similar to mine as it has a power off switch. When switched off it's off and so is it's Bluetooth.

LDvo

Is this the same as AIYIMA A07 PRO ?
Does BT support AptX / AptX HD ?

Pixelwarfare

I should take it apart :)
I took it apart :)

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
no pics of the internals?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Is this the same as AIYIMA A07 PRO ?
Does BT support AptX / AptX HD ?
No, Fosi Audio BT30D PRO is a 2.1 channel amplifier, and sorry it does not support aptx and aptx-HD.

If you need the bluetooth to support aptx and aptx-HD, please have a look at fosi audio DA2120C.

Scrufboy

No, Fosi Audio BT30D PRO is a 2.1 channel amplifier, and sorry it does not support aptx and aptx-HD.

If you need the bluetooth to support aptx and aptx-HD, please have a look at fosi audio DA2120C.
What? The featured unit has an antenna... Your website says... Advanced 2.1CH Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver Amplifier achieves HiFi music quality, the best choice for your home audio entertainment. https://www.fosiaudio.com/product-support/bt30d-pro/

Sadly your site doesn't list what Bluetooth codecs are supported at all, but it clearly says Bluetooth or RCA for input.

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Shame there's no bypass mode for the tone controls or any +/-dB Hz specs for them.

Hopefully Amir can get his AP hands on them.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Shame there's no bypass mode for the tone controls or any +/-dB Hz specs for them.

Hopefully Amir can get his AP hands on them.
What do you mean by bypass mode of the tone controls? Like a tone-defeat switch?

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
What? The featured unit has an antenna... Your website says... Advanced 2.1CH Bluetooth 5.0 Receiver Amplifier achieves HiFi music quality, the best choice for your home audio entertainment. https://www.fosiaudio.com/product-support/bt30d-pro/

Sadly your site doesn't list what Bluetooth codecs are supported at all, but it clearly says Bluetooth or RCA for input.
It supports SBS and AAC.

Fosi Audio

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yup, that's the term. Kudos the quick reply :)
Thank you for your suggestion, we will consider it carefully and let you know when we have a decision.

For the specs, it's ±12dB for Bass control and ±6dB for Treble control.

Scrufboy

It supports SBS and AAC
SBC is the most basic codec with the lowest bitrate and, therefore, the lowest sound quality. AAC and AptX are both steps up from SBC and are generally mainstream, though different devices might support either or both (AAC is most common on Apple phones and tablets, while AptX is the preferred standard for Android).

SBC - Android users get stuck with the lowest quality?
Bit depth:16-bit
Sampling Rate: Up to 48kHz
Bitrate: 328Kbps

AAC - Pretty much just Apple products?
Bit depth: Up to 24-bit
Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz
Bitrate: Up to 320Kbps

And they call it a Pro unit... I'm not convinced.

Top Bottom