• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro Actual Output?

MichaelMann

Firstly, I would like to say, this is my first Fosi Audio product. And so I would like to mention that the build quality and the sound is great, no clicks or pops, and no dreaded white noise whilst on standby. Especially at the price. I've definetly been swooned.

Now my actual question is, output. Has anyone discovered if the output, with the supplied power supply. Is as it says in the manual? I've read some brief discussions, in reviews of the product of how the included power supply (32v @ 5amps) could not support the product's claimed 165w x 2 + 350w Subwoofer channel. But the conversations never concluded. Math would suggest 32vX5amps it has 160watts of total power delivery. I only ask this as I'm currently in the process of making a "Semi-Portable" speaker setup to bring to gatherings. And the subwoofer I intend to design relies on whether or not the amp itself outputs 350w or if it does less.

Do I need to purchase a separate power supply to get the rated wattage?

The speakers I intend to use with it are a set of Micca OoO's (plugged the ports since the amplifier itself doesn't offer a highpass, a little disappointed, BUT not a deal breaker!)since: They're cheap, Sound Great, and their mtm design allows for greater dispersion. But the subwoofer I plan on building would either be an Ultimax 8" in a sealed enclosure, or something along the lines of two Tang Band Subwoofers, paired with passive radiators (to improve efficiency of output) depending on the power rating.

jp4573

12 to 24VDC

Attachments

• 12-24.jpg
    12-24.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 84

rgpit

Forum Donor
12 to 24VDC
Your photo is that of the BT30D. The OP is asking about the BT30D Pro which has a DC input of 12V to 36V

OP
M

MichaelMann

A little off-topic: how do you like the Micca OoOs?
Y'know, when I had first purchased them. I had only intended to use them portable speakers for events at friend's places. However, since breaking them in. I've started to leave these on all the time at my own place. I leave them on all the time in my office, which is about 130inchesx180inchesx60inches, not a huge space, but this is where they excel. I think they're absolutely delightful. I've since plugged the port on them, and have enjoyed the improvement. Now these do semi struggle in an environment such as in an open floor concept living space/large areas. But they still work just fine. So, would I recommend these? When I had purchased them, I had gotten them for 100 canadian rupees. And my god for 100$ you can't find anything better. But, with recent events involving inflation. The micca OoO's now only sit 40$ less than the RB42X. Which, whilst I haven't listened to yet. The likes of Z Reviews and Cheapaudioman have convinced me they're a god send. So on that note. I guess it comes down to the price difference. If the micca OoO's are significantly cheaper than the RB42X. Them with a little eq tweaking (I've adjusted the treble just a MMM smidge, just a smidge). Then they are perfectly great speakers, then plug the port and pair them with a subwoofer and you have yourself a fantastic little combo. But if they're priced close to the rb42x, you may just want to go with those. But those are also a larger speaker if I remember, not as thin. So that is also something to keep in mind. But, before I get toooo ahead of myself. My honest opinion is they are quite the lovely little speaker.

OP
M

MichaelMann

Your photo is that of the BT30D. The OP is asking about the BT30D Pro which has a DC input of 12V to 36V
yup, correct, I even looked behind my unit to verify. Otherwise the current power supply of 36v@5amps would've blown the non pro amp

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
A couple of questions that will help with the calculations -

What's the maximum supply voltage for the amplifier?
What's the minimum output impedance load?
Does it have a bridged output?

And before you build that subwoofer, do you have speaker design software for tuning the box?

Unrelated to the "tuning", 350W seems like a lot for an 8-inch woofer...

Last edited:

Cawafuoshi

Y'know, when I had first purchased them. I had only intended to use them portable speakers for events at friend's places. However, since breaking them in. I've started to leave these on all the time at my own place. I leave them on all the time in my office, which is about 130inchesx180inchesx60inches, not a huge space, but this is where they excel. I think they're absolutely delightful. I've since plugged the port on them, and have enjoyed the improvement. Now these do semi struggle in an environment such as in an open floor concept living space/large areas. But they still work just fine. So, would I recommend these? When I had purchased them, I had gotten them for 100 canadian rupees. And my god for 100$ you can't find anything better. But, with recent events involving inflation. The micca OoO's now only sit 40$ less than the RB42X. Which, whilst I haven't listened to yet. The likes of Z Reviews and Cheapaudioman have convinced me they're a god send. So on that note. I guess it comes down to the price difference. If the micca OoO's are significantly cheaper than the RB42X. Them with a little eq tweaking (I've adjusted the treble just a MMM smidge, just a smidge). Then they are perfectly great speakers, then plug the port and pair them with a subwoofer and you have yourself a fantastic little combo. But if they're priced close to the rb42x, you may just want to go with those. But those are also a larger speaker if I remember, not as thin. So that is also something to keep in mind. But, before I get toooo ahead of myself. My honest opinion is they are quite the lovely little speaker.
I have the OoOs hooked up to a Fosi BT30D. They do double duties as surround speakers as well as a near-field-early-morning/late-at-night stereo system.

Although I had no idea if they measured any good, they were pretty much the only choice to fit them inside my super cheap stand/shelf solution.

I do have to say, they sound lovely to my ears in either application.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 72

john11

Amir gave the previous model the BT20A a score of 83, as there is no amir review of the BT30D pro roughly what kind of score would you give
I hear that once you get to a score of 85 it is difficult to tell much difference between amps, do you think this is correct

Top Bottom