• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro - Opinions and Comparisons

WinWiz

JBL Stage A130 have impedance peaks above 20 ohm. I think the BT20A Pro will strugle with this.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
JBL Stage A130 have impedance peaks above 20 ohm. I think the BT20A Pro will strugle with this.
It really won't struggle, 20 ohms is a very easy load for an amp, and the bt20a pro has a fair amount of power and still delivers quite a few watts at that impedance

WinWiz

I have 4 tiny markaudio chn50 drivers. With an old 2x80w ab amp bass is decent. But without highpass filter my bt20a pro sounds like it's lacking dynamics. I figured this was cause by low sensitivity and the impedance peak around 70hz?
I know my ears isn't a reliable judge. But I don't know how to measure this without a scope.
Actually regrets purchasing this amp due to this lack of control/dynamics and very bad bluetooth.

Last edited:

Jimi Floyd

I just ordered one with their 48V power supply from AliEx and found a pair of genuine BB OPA2134PA's from Amazon for rolling. Has anyone here done similar upgrades with theirs? I plan on hooking up a pair of JBL Stage A130's and maybe a small sub to round things out.
Can't comment on op amps, but that amp/speaker combo is feasible and enjoyable. Bass extension without a sub is not so bad.

IMG_4872.jpg

anthony 5

I have the bt20a pro here is the problem, sligth but noticable pop sound coming fro speakers when shutting down amp, cables check, I always power off first vol down, power on last, tried another socket, same problem Fosi tells me this is normal because of two capacitors but not sure of their answer other fosi products dont do this does anybody have this problem thanks

WinWiz

Even with 32V supply my bt20a pro gets rather hot. If it's working hard i understand this. But it also hot after ideling for hours.
Users report the 48V supply increase heat output. So with 48V I would be worried leaving this amp on while sleeping or away.

Kimbrough Xu

Even with 32V supply my bt20a pro gets rather hot. If it's working hard i understand this. But it also hot after ideling for hours.
Users report the 48V supply increase heat output. So with 48V I would be worried leaving this amp on while sleeping or away.
I will not let it on when I dont use it.

Philipp

Last edited:

Philipp

I believe it does not
Volume yes, tone control (treble&bass) not.
Confirmed by FOSI support.
Not yet tested myself.
From what I read here, it sounded like the pre-out is just a pass-through.

Top Bottom