• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum strangeness with Google Chrome

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hello all. It seems that there is a problem with Chrome where pages are cached and not refreshed. As a result, old pages keep showing which makes it look like your posts are disappearing. They are not. They just don't show up in Chrome. It hit me an hour ago so I tested Edge browser and it was fine.

I was messing around to fix the caching where all of a sudden, it started to work correctly again.

If you are hit by it, and have the option of another browser, use that. There has been no system changes so I don't think the problem is on the server.

Report here if you see the problem.

If you have to use Chrome, you can keep the control key down and hit F5 to force a refresh on Windows. Alas, you have to do this on every page and all the time so it is not a good fix. Just shows whether you have the problem.

Webninja

Forum Donor
I presume this is desktop chrome, not Android, as I have not noticed this on mobile.

Vincent Kars

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
My "feeling"is dat as long as you are in a session, Chrome looks at the cache without checking for a newer version on the webserver.
F5 in general resolves this, <CTRL>F5 if it persist.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Usually that works but in this case it did not. Hitting F5 and going into developer option with default of cache off did get around it. In my experience of developing a few web pages, it is very difficult to disable to cache in Chrome. It ignores all HTML directives practically.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I was having issues on several fora yesterday but this evening it seems to be working correctly again.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Wasn't my crack.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Maybe it was a fissure?

Really hope so. Vacillating between images of white powder and squatting plumbers, neither image is one I needed in my mind...

Top Bottom