• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum Server Tuning/Improvement

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So for the last few weeks I have been working intensely (yeh right) with our service provided to try to nail a number of sporadic failures and performance issues resolved. Finally found the cause and with the latest platform changes, all failures and performance issues are resolved.

Please report if you see any failures or performance issues in this thread. Crossing fingers, you should not experience anything out of ordinary.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I notice the little "up" button in a quote doesn't work for me now, in Chrome...

upload_2017-11-15_11-3-49.png

YMMV.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks Ray. I saw that happening on another forum that is based on our software and thought something was wrong with their forum. :) I just went there and it is working now. And tried it here, it is working here too. I suspect it may have been a chrome bug that is fixed with an update. Can you try it again and by chance, use another browser and tell me if it is broken for you?

And if anyone else is reading this, can you try it with Chrome too and let me know if it works or not?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Ah, I figured out the exact problem.

If the quoted post is on the same page as the response you are reading, Chrome will simply ignore that directive. I guess it thinks that is the current page in the browser so why do anything.

In IE, it will scroll up to the posts in question if it is hidden. If it is not hidden, then it will do as Chrome does and do nothing.

I will dig to see if there is a solution to it. For now, if the up arrow does nothing, the quoted post is on the same page so just scroll up.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Seems to work in Edge...

Works (even on the same page to a scrolled away post) sometimes with Chrome... "Sometimes" involves going to some other site, or maybe a new page here, or ???

Don't lose any sleep over it...

Top Bottom