1. WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Forum Server Tuning/Improvement

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Announcements' started by amirm, Nov 5, 2017.

1. amirm

amirm Founder/Admin CFO (Chief Fun Officer) Staff Member

So for the last few weeks I have been working intensely (yeh right) with our service provided to try to nail a number of sporadic failures and performance issues resolved. Finally found the cause and with the latest platform changes, all failures and performance issues are resolved.

Please report if you see any failures or performance issues in this thread. Crossing fingers, you should not experience anything out of ordinary.

2. RayDunzl

RayDunzl Major Contributor Central Scrutinizer

I notice the little "up" button in a quote doesn't work for me now, in Chrome...

upload_2017-11-15_11-3-49.png

YMMV.

3. amirm

Thanks Ray. I saw that happening on another forum that is based on our software and thought something was wrong with their forum. :) I just went there and it is working now. And tried it here, it is working here too. I suspect it may have been a chrome bug that is fixed with an update. Can you try it again and by chance, use another browser and tell me if it is broken for you?

And if anyone else is reading this, can you try it with Chrome too and let me know if it works or not?

4. amirm

Oh wait, it doesn't work again for me when I tried it in another thread. Please stand by. :)

5. amirm

Ah, I figured out the exact problem.

If the quoted post is on the same page as the response you are reading, Chrome will simply ignore that directive. I guess it thinks that is the current page in the browser so why do anything.

In IE, it will scroll up to the posts in question if it is hidden. If it is not hidden, then it will do as Chrome does and do nothing.

I will dig to see if there is a solution to it. For now, if the up arrow does nothing, the quoted post is on the same page so just scroll up.

6. RayDunzl

RayDunzl Major Contributor Central Scrutinizer

Seems to work in Edge...

Works (even on the same page to a scrolled away post) sometimes with Chrome... "Sometimes" involves going to some other site, or maybe a new page here, or ???

Don't lose any sleep over it...