• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum organization

tensor9

Forum Donor
If this site is going to exist as a forum, it is in dire need of a reorganization.

Separate the forums by function, as well as subject. In other words, the reviews should be posted in their own superset. New topics in the Hardware Reviews section should be restricted to certain users, but of course everyone can reply to any thread they wish.

My suggestion:

Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
Audio, Audio, Audio!

Audio Hardware Reviews
-Digital Audio (DACs, Streamers, Servers, Players) possibly separate these into subforums
-Preamps (line-level, phono)
-Amplifiers (stereo/multichannel power amplifiers, headphone amps)
-Speakers

Audio Discussion
-General Audio Discussion
-DACs, Streamers, Servers, Players
-Preamps (line-level, phono)
-Amplifiers (stereo/multichannel power amplifiers, headphone amps)
-Speakers, Headphones and Room Acoustics
-Psychoacoustics: Science of How We Hear
-Audio Electronics and Hardware
-Audio Reference Library
-Audio Shows
-Forum Suggestions and Announcements
-Member Area
-DIY Audio Forum

And the rest of the forums as is.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
If this site is going to exist as a forum, it is in dire need of a reorganization.

Perhaps for fly-in fly-outs it may seem a little disorganized, but in reality, once you've been here for a while, and read all the content, the current setup and layout works perfectly well. In fact, compared to some other forums, I find it really good.

Maybe, as time goes on and there are thousands of reviews, sure, sub categories may be a reasonable idea. Or just tagging reviews in title for group searches of a particular product category.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
My suggestion:

Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum
Audio, Audio, Audio!

Audio Hardware Reviews
-Digital Audio (DACs, Streamers, Servers, Players) possibly separate these into subforums
They already are:

1563587002474.png

It gets complicated when a device is multi-function. In that case, I put the topic in the parent forum (Digital Audio).

I have also started to do that with the analog section with the Power Amplifier subforum.

OP
T

tensor9

Forum Donor
They already are:

View attachment 29709

It gets complicated when a device is multi-function. In that case, I put the topic in the parent forum (Digital Audio).

I have also started to do that with the analog section with the Power Amplifier subforum.

I don't think you read my post carefully.
The reviews should be segregated from everything else.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
T

tensor9

Forum Donor

Wombat

Master Contributor
You need to get your schiit together Amir..

Like getting rid of the workshop gear and turning the workshop into a test lab. No time for both hobbies. :facepalm:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yeah, that's a start, but why not just segregate and organize the reviews from the general chatter? That way,say, when you click on the Reviews DAC forum, you see JUST a whole bunch of posts of DAC reviews.
'Cause sometimes I am not as smart as you guys. :)

It is a good suggestion. It doubles the number of forums though. Let me think about it.

Top Bottom