• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

For those of you that are around 50 YO and over - do you think about death?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Social Security, a part of our benevolent money printing government that knows something about death rates, says, if you are 70, you have a 2.289% chance of dying in the next year.

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/STATS/table4c6.html

Those are pretty good odds.

You don't hit 50% till you're 108, if you make it that far.

---

I'm 68 and just started flying lessons.

I still ride a motorcycle, an old (2002) 1200cc Suzuki Banidit, for which I changed the tires (quite a chore) and endless chain last year.

I replaced the water heater here last week, rebuilt the plumbing attachments to my own specifications.

I don't think much about death, because I'm not dying yet.

---

"The dead know only one thing. It is better to be alive." - Private Joker, Full Metal Jacket

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good." - Steven Wright

Hey, I somehow made it through another year and then some...

chorus

Tell us more about Panama please.
My daughter spent 6 weeks there
and could not say enough about
how kind the people are.

Reactions: EJ3

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm $2000 Canadian in credit card and overdraft debt and have no other debts. I keep saying I am going to get rid of a credit card but it never happens...lol. :D
That's peanuts, I was way past that at one time.
Just pay it down and then never put anything on a card you can't pay off that month.
Don't pay those leaches a penny in interest, ever. ;)

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's peanuts, I was way past that at one time.
Just pay it down and then never put anything on a card you can't pay off that month.
Don't pay those leaches a penny in interest, ever. ;)
Doodski, In 2005, I was single, never married & $57,000 in credit card debt (I had great credit). With my (new wife) WE paid it down, as well as in 2007 bought a condo (paid off 100K (water damaged, paid about 25K to renovate while we were living there) in 6 years on a 15 year mortgage. Before the end of 2007 we also bought a new Honda Fit and paid it off in 9 months. In 2012 (while keeping the Honda Fit) we bought a new Lexus ES350 and paid it off in 24 months. We sold the condo for $156K, bought another for $176K, spent $20K renovating. In 2020 we sold the Honda Fit for $3.5K, shipped the Lexus from Guam to Charleston SC USA (it only had 18,00 miles) and rented our condo. We now rent a house, receive rental from our condo, I work for 10.50 an hour (with incredible benefits, 1.3 miles from where we live) & my wife is semi retired. I will retire in one year (from the 8th of this month. Whatever I put on my 2 credit cards ($5 or $500 [actually $460 is the most so far) gets paid before the next bill is on the way. It can be done with determination and a plan. (mine was pay the lowest total card off first, then apply that amount to the next lowest card (in addition to the normal payment), until you have done that to all the cards. I kept one VISA and 1 MASTERCARD (each has a $25K limit) but never put more than I can pay off within 3 weeks on the 2 together. It's hard because it takes constant vigilance but the rewards in peace of mind may transform you. Jut Do It. Don't pay interest to the leeches!
Sal knows the truth: that they hold you down from your economic freedom. Sal and I don't always 100% agree, but on this one we are in LOCKSTEP. Trust us on this one!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Dude, I'm 72 and don't worry a bit.
I don't know what or if anythings on the other side, whatever comes, comes.
I lived one hell of a wild life, had a lot of women, and even more good times.
Three rules here, faster bikes, looser women, and more money. ;)
Roll a fat one and turn on some Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon.
Hehe. I scored some 40.1% THC Organic Marrakech Gold hash today. The black was not cutting it as it was too smoky and coughy sorta thing. This Marrakech style hash stuff crumbles very readily between the finger tips and it smokes excellent. One good hoot and I'm off and running. :D
TGOD_Blond_1g_2g_8512_500x500_crop_center.png

DonR

Major Contributor
Hehe. I scored some 40.1% THC Organic Marrakech Gold hash today. The black was not cutting it as it was too smoky and coughy sorta thing. This Marrakech style hash stuff crumbles very readily between the finger tips and it smokes excellent. One good hoot and I'm off and running. :D
Memories of hot-knifing at my friend's house in his parents' kitchen. Such youthful innocence.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Memories of hot-knifing at my friend's house in his parents' kitchen. Such youthful innocence.
This stuff is wayyy too smooth to waste on hot knifing. It has a taste that is natural and tasty. Not to be overheated. Very easy on the throat and lungs.

DonR

Major Contributor
This stuff is wayyy too smooth to waste on hot knifing. It has a taste that is natural and tasty. Not to be overheated. Very easy on the throat and lungs.
haha... tell that to my 16 yr old self. We only had an hour for lunch break.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Oh man that's beautiful!
Take about a gram and just stuff it between your cheek and gum in the rear and let it slowly dissolve there.
While that's going on drink a nice tall glass of milk to break down the THC.
What an awesome all afternoon high!

One of these days I'm gonna fly up for a visit. ;)

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just lost my mom early July. Now that I've lost both parents it is clearer to me than ever how little time there is left. Actuary tables estimate I've got about 27 years left. Here's to staying happy right up to the end, like my mother did.

Top Bottom