• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

For Sale: VAN ALSTINE 600R hybrid fet valve amplifier - $1800 or obo

blestin

This amplifier is in perfect working order and has no cosmetic damage, it works and looks like new.
I believe I am the third owner of this amplifier. I am selling because I have switched to a class D Purifi amplifier and would like to sell it as I no longer need it.

I am selling just the amplifier itself without any accessories, as I do not have any of the original accessories. I would prefer a local pickup in 07726 New Jersey, as I do not have the original box. (lost it during the move)
IMG_2054.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8071 small.jpg
    IMG_8071 small.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 420

Jim Matthews

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a smoking deal.

OP
B

blestin

Going to post some thoughts here, a copy of what I told someone recently about the eval1 vs AVA 600R

“So I am going a little crazy comparing the Eval1 to my AVA 600R. Because it sounds amazing, but I am so used to the slight tube sound from my old amp that I feel like the new amp sounds too clean. Am I actually missing the lack of any distortion???”

Some subjective thoughts:
1. Do not see any difference in bass between the two (dampening/tightness identical)
2. 600R definitely has more gain
3. 600R just as detailed
4. It feels like something is missing from the sound that I am used to, it sounds slightly too “clean”
5. I believe the 600r may have some barely audible but pleasant euphonic distortion that is lacking in the Eval1. It’s almost like I imagining this, because I hear no audible distortion when listening to the 600R, it sounds transparent and detailed to me.

ceylon

I decided to hold on to it as I was getting lowball offers only, it is still technically for sale. I am reducing price to $1600 or best offer.

Bump
hey there @blestin, i been lookin to buy a fet valve 600r to go with my fet valve cf rb and keep responding your ad on USAM from , but i never hear back. i didnt realize you were on ASR. im glad to learn u do exist in the hifi community.

please answer my attempts to buy the fet valve u have up for sale, ok?

OP
B

blestin

Hey Ceylon,

Sorry about not responding, i’ve been swamped with work. It is still for sale if you are still interested, but I do not have the original box or original cables.

Top Bottom