• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD: Ncore NC250MP monoblocs - Audiophonics PA-M250NC

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey folks,

I wasn't thinking, at start, to post something here... but why not?

I'm actually in a dramatic period of rolling amps in my rooms. My last buy was two Audiophonics PA-M250NC. The early plan was to keep them only the time I find my "endgame" power amp (doesn't' make any sense...:facepalm:) . I'm waiting for an Apollon AS1200 at the end of this week. To be honest, I don't think to be able to hear any difference between the big AS1200 and the (better measuring) Ncores. The thing is only about infinite, futureproof power to match with any speaker, and a better looking case :cool:. So once I get the AS1200, and if I hear nothing wrong, the NC250s will go on sale.

I may sell the pair VERY fast on many sites in France, but I prefer to give to priority to both communities/forums I read the most: ASR and the French forum Tellement Nomade.

Both amps are like-new, bought on august 26th at Audiophonics, and under warranty for 2 years. Cost was 652,90€ shipped (invoice provided). I was thinking 399€ for the pair (plus shipping) being reasonable. Needless to say, I don't think to ship outside EU. If ever someone is interested...

For what it worths, here are my feedback on Tellement Nomade, mostly as a seller.

Here are some picture I shared in Ncore and ADI-2 DAC threads:

20190828_195106.jpg

20190828_194231.jpg

Last edited:
OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you are willing to ship to the Netherlands, put me on the list!
Netherlands are not that far, so it may be an option. The two amps are quite light (less than 3 kg for both). I could manage to make the full package at 5kg or less. Cheapest option would be Colissimo International at 22€.

Still, I didn't received my new AS1200 yet, so we'll talk about that in few days!;)

Ps: The ADI-2 DAC on pictures is NOT included ! :p

WHO23

Forum Donor
Netherlands are not that far, so it may be an option. The two amps are quite light (less than 3 kg for both). I could manage to make the full package at 5kg or less. Cheapest option would be Colissimo International at 22€.

Still, I didn't received my new AS1200 yet, so we'll talk about that in few days!;)

Ps: The ADI-2 DAC on pictures is NOT included ! :p
Is the pair of Focal Aria 906 included? :p Are you getting the new AS1200 for the Focal Arias? I’m really tempted to get them but it’s really expensive to ship out of Europe.

Aap op Sokken

well let's see if you want to sell first, but yes i would like insurance with the delivery! Don't know the cost, but i like TNT. Their pick-up point is 100 meter from my house.

And i got that the DAC is not included ;) They will be hooked up to my Topping D50s here.

Aap op Sokken

I'm actually thinking about getting some passive attenuation in between, with a pot or configurable resistor network. Something i could make myself maybe. But i will start with a direct connection, D50s has digital attenuation anyway.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the number of sales you made, I guess the discovery of this site and the opportunity to "upgrade" always towards "endgame" products" and not backwards was something important for you!

If you live in Paris I might be interested too.

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From the number of sales you made, I guess the discovery of this site and the opportunity to "upgrade" always towards "endgame" products" and not backwards was something important for you!
My sickness changed a bit in the last few years. I discovered ASR in 2018, but was a reader of Audioholics and Archimago before. I'm not that old, and my journey in High-Fidelity only started twelve years ago. Since the beginning, I always doubted about audiophile myths, but were wrongly thinking the majority must have been right. I took me several years to understand that Audio is not a democracy. Objective performance is a proved fact and not subject to personnal preferences.
However... I stayed stupid and still want to test a massive amount of gear over and over... :eek:
The main difference today is: I will never buy again something which hasn't been properly measured somewhere.
@VintageFlanker If you have an option to have a fellow audiophile over, have a listen, have a chat, sell your amp for cash in person, and skip a trip to the post office, please don't feel obliged to forego this option simply because i responded an hour earlier.
Dude, it's up to you! Being honest, yes, I would prefer to sell the amps in person, and avoid risks about shipping. But you've shown as the first interested, and I (always) give the priority to the first person! ;)

That being said:
If you live in Paris I might be interested too.
Yep, I do work in Paris, but live more exactly in the southern suburbs (94).
Comme mentionné plus haut: je réserve la priorité à Aap op Sokken, mais si il venait à passer la main, on pourrait tout à fait effectuer une vente en mains propres!

To be continued!

Last edited:

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My sickness changed a bit in the last few years. I discovered ASR in 2018, but was a reader of Audioholics and Archimago before. I'm not that old, and my journey in High-Fidelity only started twelve years ago. Since the beginning, I always doubted about audiophile myths, but were wrongly thinking the majority must have been right. I took me several years to understand that Audio is not a democracy. Objective performance is a proved fact and not subject to personnal preferences.
However... I stayed stupid and still want to test a massive amount of gear over and over... :eek:
The main difference today is: I will never buy again something which hasn't been properly measured somewhere.

Dude, it's up to you! Being honest, yes, I would prefer to sell the amps in person, and avoid risks about shipping. But you've shown as the first interested, and I (always) give the priority to the first person! ;)

That being said:

Yep, I do work in Paris, but live more exactly in the southern suburbs (94).
Comme mentionné plus haut: je réserve la priorité à Aap op Sokken, mais si il venait à passer la main, on pourrait tout à fait effectuer une vente en mains propres!

To be continued!

Sure, first come first served, that's normal.
I wouldn't mind coming and listening to a nice setup if you invite other people to one day ;-)

OP
VintageFlanker

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Damn, this thing is powerful.
1200W under 4ohm
In reality, it is, but not that powerful. 1200W is given for one channel driven. Both channels driven, you get 600W/8ohms and 700W/4ohms. And even at this (crazy) level, it may only last 90 seconds before the module shut down (source: datasheet). The continuous power, two channels driven, would be mostly around 400-500W/8ohms which is still insanely powerful.

Top Bottom