• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD: Allo DigiOne streamer with cable

mrmoizy

Hi Gang. Not a frequent poster on ASR, but I'm a forum donor and love the site.

I'm listing for sale an Allo DigiOne streamer. For those not familiar, head over to Allo.com to read more, or you can read a review of it that Amir did a couple years back. In short, it attaches to a Raspberry Pi computer. The Raspberry Pi runs some streaming software of your choice (I played around with Volumio and settled on Moode Audio), and then the Allo DigiOne attached to it creates a pristine, properly clocked digital signal to send to your DAC.

Worked great for me, but I just don't use it much. Ended up using a Chromecast Audio with a toslink cable. Pretty confident it has less than 20 hours of play on it. And I decided I would rather have a DAC and headphone amp at work then keep this tucked away in my home console cabinet, so I decided to list it here.

I'll include with it a BNC to RCA coaxial digital cable of my own making, 3 feet in length. I modeled the cable after similar cables made by Blue Jeans Cable. It uses Canare connectors and either Canare or Belden cable, can't recall. The BNC connector locks on to the DigiOne really nicely.

Asking $75 for the combination of the two, plus shipping. Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy your holidays.

Mike
20211109_201321.jpg
20211109_201356.jpg
20211109_201418.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Y

Hi, I might be interested in purchasing this from you. I'm trying to figure out if it would work in my system as I'm relatively new to the hi fi audio world. I currently have an anthem mrx 1140 AVR and raspberry pi 4. I would attach this to my pi4 and send via coaxial to the mrx for hi res streaming (at least 24/96)?

OP
M

mrmoizy

Hi, I might be interested in purchasing this from you. I'm trying to figure out if it would work in my system as I'm relatively new to the hi fi audio world. I currently have an anthem mrx 1140 AVR and raspberry pi 4. I would attach this to my pi4 and send via coaxial to the mrx for hi res streaming (at least 24/96)?
Hey there Mike. Thanks for reaching out. This DigiOne is certainly capable of doing what you're looking for. It's all depends on how you set up the Raspberry Pi. If you're familiar enough with that end of things, then this will work great. Let me know if you'd like to make an offer. I'd be willing to allow you to return it for a refund if it doesn't work out.

Top Bottom