• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

For FREE: Infinity Primus home theater speakers

jackmw

Forum Donor
I have a set of Infinity Primus home theater speakers that I purchased new in (I think) 2009. They have been through several moves since then, and as such, they have a few nicks and scratches on the exterior but, to my knowledge, they all work just fine. They have just been sitting in my attic, unused, for quite a long time now. They are perhaps worth money, but I really don't think they are worth the effort to drag them out, polish them up, take photos, negotiate pricing and so forth. I hate to try to sell items that are not in excellent condition physically. But they are also doing no one any good in my attic, and I think they would make a nice set of starter home theater speakers for someone, they are technically quite good performers. Instead of staying in my attic forever, or ending up at Goodwill if I ever get around to it. I thought someone here might get some good use out of them instead. So if you are willing to come pick them up (I am in North County San Diego, zip 92009), or, for the bookshelf speakers, pay the shipping costs, you can have them for free. If you are REALLY, TRULY interested, please PM me and I can try to get some pictures of them for you. But if you are just kinda sorta thinking about them, please don't bother, the larger speakers are heavy and awkward to move downstairs for photos.

What I have (you can read the specs here):
2 x Infinity Primus P362 3-way floorstanders [black] (NOTE: For one of these, I had to replace the original speaker terminal cup, which had screw-down speaker terminals, with this one, which has spring-loaded terminals. It works fine, and no soldering was needed, just a screwdriver)
1 x Infinity Primus PC350 3-way center channel [black]
4 x Infinity Primus P162 2-way bookshelf [black] (NOTE: For one of these, I again had to replace the original speaker terminal cup as with the P362)
1 x Infinity Primus PS-10 power subwoofer with 10" driver [black] (might be P-12 with 12" driver, I cannot recall offhand)

I also have
2 x Infinity Reference 2000.6 2-way floorstanders [black]. These have (or had) a fabric covering over the bottom half of the speakers, behind which is a plastic cage protecting the driver. Unfortunately an old cat of mine (may he rest in peace) loved to use the fabric as scratching posts, so that fabric is rather shredded. However, the speakers play just fine to my knowledge.

2 x Bose 201 Series III 2-way bookshelf speakers [black]

1 x Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV receiver with remote

I do hope someone can get some use out of these! Thank you

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
I have a set of Infinity Primus home theater speakers that I purchased new in (I think) 2009. They have been through several moves since then, and as such, they have a few nicks and scratches on the exterior but, to my knowledge, they all work just fine. They have just been sitting in my attic, unused, for quite a long time now. They are perhaps worth money, but I really don't think they are worth the effort to drag them out, polish them up, take photos, negotiate pricing and so forth. I hate to try to sell items that are not in excellent condition physically. But they are also doing no one any good in my attic, and I think they would make a nice set of starter home theater speakers for someone, they are technically quite good performers. Instead of staying in my attic forever, or ending up at Goodwill if I ever get around to it. I thought someone here might get some good use out of them instead. So if you are willing to come pick them up (I am in North County San Diego, zip 92009), or, for the bookshelf speakers, pay the shipping costs, you can have them for free. If you are REALLY, TRULY interested, please PM me and I can try to get some pictures of them for you. But if you are just kinda sorta thinking about them, please don't bother, the larger speakers are heavy and awkward to move downstairs for photos.

What I have (you can read the specs here):
2 x Infinity Primus P362 3-way floorstanders [black] (NOTE: For one of these, I had to replace the original speaker terminal cup, which had screw-down speaker terminals, with this one, which has spring-loaded terminals. It works fine, and no soldering was needed, just a screwdriver)
1 x Infinity Primus PC350 3-way center channel [black]
4 x Infinity Primus P162 2-way bookshelf [black] (NOTE: For one of these, I again had to replace the original speaker terminal cup as with the P362)
1 x Infinity Primus PS-10 power subwoofer with 10" driver [black] (might be P-12 with 12" driver, I cannot recall offhand)

I also have
2 x Infinity Reference 2000.6 2-way floorstanders [black]. These have (or had) a fabric covering over the bottom half of the speakers, behind which is a plastic cage protecting the driver. Unfortunately an old cat of mine (may he rest in peace) loved to use the fabric as scratching posts, so that fabric is rather shredded. However, the speakers play just fine to my knowledge.

2 x Bose 201 Series III 2-way bookshelf speakers [black]

1 x Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV receiver with remote

I do hope someone can get some use out of these! Thank you
Hello Jack.

I'm Gregg, from WV, and could really make use of that center channel PC350 you have. Very generous offer, thank you. The wife and I are starting to have a hard time hearing the dialog on movies. I could also use the bookshelves, a couple for surround and even replacements for my old blown Advents in another room.

I just registered for this reply, but I've been lurking here for quite a while. Such good advice from everyone.

Thanks,
Gregg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I just registered for this reply, but I've been lurking here for quite a while. Such good advice from everyone.
Welcome to ASR, Greg. We always love meeting new members (at least mostly, LOL)
I hope things work out for you with member @jackmw , though this is a quite old thread.
Stick around and become one of our regulars, lots of very knowledgeable folks here on the science of High Fidelity.

Digitaltrader

Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR, Greg. We always love meeting new members (at least mostly, LOL)
I hope things work out for you with member @jackmw , though this is a quite old thread.
Stick around and become one of our regulars, lots of very knowledgeable folks here on the science of High Fidelity.
Thanks! I've learned so much already. It's great to see this many people that are this generous with their knowledge.

Top Bottom