• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Food/snacks/candy that would literally be the death of you...

jp4573

Milk Chocolate Havanna Alfajores filled with Dulce de leche.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Havanna_(Argentine_company)
alfajores-havanna-caja-x-12-unidades-envio-todo-el-pais-D_NQ_NP_972961-MLA41000465861_032020-F_1024x1024.jpg

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These!

These prove I have no will power. I literally can not have them in my house. They are not healthy and they are addictive. If big food is not paying their flavor scientists multi million dollar salaries, they are underpaying them.
I must have the wrong taste buds, didn't like them. I tried chicken & waffle today for breakfast, didn't like that either (and I'm from the South [conceived in Charleston, SC USA, born in Salzburg, Austria {just south of Germany}]). Chocolate, on the other hand (not over sweet overpowering the chocolate American style like Hershey's but European style like Milka, Godiva, etc) is what I cannot keep in the house. My wife hates chocolate (because when she was a toddler see ate so much of it one time that she became very sick). I say: "More for me". That is what I cannot keep in the house.

Robin L

Master Contributor
My thoughts go in the direction of foods that would literally be the death of someone, as my wife is currently experiencing digestive disorders, her son has numerous food allergies. It's almost impossible for us to dine out, Gail has issues with wheat, garlic and onions. Try and find a restaurant that can adapt to that? Not likely.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Every list of the best foods to eat has Avocados on it , and every list of foods to avoid has Nutella on it.
If I had to eat an avocado, I would throw up everything else I had eaten (the spinach, the broccoli, the asparagus, the apple, the banana & the pasta with Italian Sausage). On the other hand I think Nutella is yucky, too.

Last edited:

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Beat me to it! +1 on Cherry Garcia!
As long as we're talking ice cream

This stuff would be in a class by itself if it weren't for this

I have a Jeni's shop in my neighborhood in Nashville, and I can get several flavors of Graeter's at my neighborhood Kroger.

So hard to maintain an ideal weight. ;)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
This is the one that gets me and the Lady:

I still remember when I was much younger and this came out in a series of "smooth" flavors. Dunno if any of the other stuck around. This one did.
Way too easy to polish off the pint in one sitting. ;)

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So hard to maintain an ideal weight. ;)
Every once in a while someone tells me that I need to get in shape (I have gone from 258 to 232 in the last 3+ years after quitting being on ships but eating whatever I want, when I want it).
My reply is: "round is a shape".

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
These won't kill me, but its hard to avoid buying a few, or a dozen, at the corner store. Then of course one has to buy sufficient beer (IPA please) to wash it all down. :eek:

merlin_140352576_46cb6db6-df11-410c-86b0-300413fad94f-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
DIY dry cured (about three months) pork, Aydogmus Gemlik Sofralik Siyah zeytin olives:
0c93b76311a881663984575fe5f37ba0369a0d22.jpeg
Doesn't look like "pastirma" to me:... I'd eat that stuff until the curry smell oozes out from my sweat glands; like a terrible case of a month old body odor.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
These won't kill me, but its hard to avoid buying a few, or a dozen, at the corner store. Then of course one has to buy sufficient beer (IPA please) to wash it all down. :eek:

View attachment 199270
I'm OK with that (& of course: the beer). But I prefer the Jerky stuff. Friends make beef, venison & (alli)gator jerky (with no MSG)& they are great.
I'll also have some darker German Bier with that. Ahhhh, the good life!

Top Bottom