• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Clear vs Clear MG vs Clear MG Pro vs Any Recommendations *newbie*

BenHiPen

I got the bug and looking to take the plunge into some headphones. I have always enjoyed music and trying to get the most out of it. I bought the Shure se846 in my early 20s and loved them (but that neither here nor there)
But I Have fallen in a hole. I just got Helm Bolt and knew that I was going to get some headphones to go with them. I thought I laned on the Clears, Because the reviews I read/watched where overwhelming positive. There are open boxes for sell to boot. As I was about to pull the trigger I start to see that the Clear MGs reviews are also very good. I added the the Pros because I have seen open box's as well. I'm not sure that is what I want though.

Now seeing how divisive the Clears are on this forum are I went from very comfortable to make the purchase to now feeling I'm at Square One. Lol

So any input/recommendations in the 1500 top end (but there is always some wiggle room) range would be a godsend
What's is important to me is:
• Clear and stong low end
• Nice soundscape
• Being able to drive with my bolt or even the S8 after I have read here how much people like it here it in my Amazon basket.

I'm looking to build from the headphones up. I really appreciate the friendliness I see here and hope to be an active contributor in the near future.

Thank you,
Ben

Muca

Focal Clear original version is my favorite headphone sound signature wise I am not alone. If you can still get the original for ~1000$ on sale, get them! The new Clear sounds just slightly different, just a matter of taste. I prefer the original. The Pros of new or old version are just different colors and cables. Soundwise they are the same.
The headphone can be driven by basically anything, super efficient.

But the best advice is to go you local hifi dealer and test headphones.

DivineCurrent

Forum Donor
If you can try both out somewhere (Original Clear and Clear MG) that would be great. I loved the original Clears when I had them, but I took a chance on the Clear MG Pro, and I do prefer those over the original. Main difference is the MG version is warmer, smoother in the highs, higher bass presence. But it's a matter of preference if you like more analytical and detailed the original Clear is better. Can't go wrong with either. And I've never had any issues with driver clipping, I think Amir listens too loud to be honest.

Top Bottom