• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Aria vs Arendal 1723(S) ?

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like I said, could've been a typo, as the graph shows it. Although I am sure they probably "fixed" it as soon as the first "buyer" called in. :)
Na. I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about, nor have a clue about Focal deals on the French market, that's for sure.:facepalm:

I personally posted the deal I linked. It has been tested, then validated by moderators on Dealabs. Many people in France had the opportunity to get the pair at the prices I mentioned. As it was already the case for years.

If you want the "unit" price, that was half the 1498/1398€ I mentioned, period. And there are archives on Dealabs for these (actually working) deals. Anyway, I know HomeCineSolutions for years and no, there wasn't any typo in their listing. That was their final price by "Demander le prix confidentiel" (aka instant negociation) for the pair, as they don't sell 948 as units.
Generally speaker prices are never listed as pair, usually per piece. Even in France ;)
That's also wrong. Many sites here are listing the pair, others units.
What you have seen might've been a typo, we may never know.
As one of the highly regarded Hi-Fi posters on Dealabs, please stop trying to explain such basics to me, that is just embarrassing.

Last edited:

sngreen

Na. I'm sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about, nor have a clue about Focal deals on the French market, that's for sure.:facepalm:

I personally posted the deal I linked. It has been tested, then validated by moderators on Dealabs. Many people in France had the opportunity to get the pair at the prices I mentioned. As it was already the case for years.

If you want the "unit" price, that was half the 1498/1398€ I mentioned, period. And there are archives on Dealabs for these (actually working) deals. Anyway, I know HomeCineSolutions for years and no, there wasn't any typo in their listing. That was their final price by "Demander le prix confidentiel" (aka instant negociation) for the pair, as they don't sell 948 as units.

That's also wrong. Many sites here are listing the pair, others units.

As one of the highly regarded Hi-Fi poster on Dealabs, please stop trying to explain such basics to me, that is just embarrassing.
No, I do not deny there were such price posts, as the graphs shows (link provided by the poster I replied to earlier);

But the one-day deals do look rather accidental than real, certainly not for "many people in France". You say someone validated - validated how, did they actually buy those speakers at such price? Damn it ... ! :)

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
validated how, did they actually buy those speakers at such price? Damn it ... ! :)
Come on...
DL members did! On every deals on Dealabs, you got the feedbacks from the community. And I personally know some that did, for that matter.
Moderators placed orders and sometimes contact directly the seller to find any price typo. As for HCS, there is no price error to speak about, there are among the cheapest retailer in France for Focal (and Monitor Audio and others). I've been a customer there for years, really great people to deal with.
But the one-day deals do look rather accidental than real, certainly not for "many people in France".
It's not accidental when it is repeated deals every Summer Sales, Winter Sales, French Days and Black Friday.

By "many people", I mean "French audiophiles interested to get a pair of Arias", obviously.;)

delta76

Major Contributor
No, I do not deny there were such price posts, as the graphs shows (link provided by the poster I replied to earlier);

But the one-day deals do look rather accidental than real, certainly not for "many people in France". You say someone validated - validated how, did they actually buy those speakers at such price? Damn it ... ! :)
You seem to refuse to believe that the price was legit. I myself bought a package of 948 (2x948, 2x906, and 1xcc900) for less than 2400 eur including shipping cost. If you subtract the price of 906 and cc900, then 2x948 costed me ~1500€ more or less. And that is with increased VAT where I live

sngreen

Come on...
DL members did! On every deals on Dealabs, you got the feedbacks from the community. And I personally know some that did, for that matter.
Moderators placed orders and sometimes contact directly the seller to find any price typo. As for HCS, there is no price error to speak about, there are among the cheapest retailer in France for Focal (and Monitor Audio and others). I've been a customer there for years, really great people to deal with.

It's not accidental when it is repeated deals every Summer Sales, Winter Sales, French Days and Black Friday.

By "many people", I mean "French audiophiles interested to get a pair of Arias", obviously.;)
10 days in Novemeber, that is a longer spell, till they found out, obviously.
1 day in July and 2 random days in August. Do French audiophiles sleep at night? :)

sngreen

You seem to refuse to believe that the price was legit. I myself bought a package of 948 (2x948, 2x906, and 1xcc900) for less than 2400 eur including shipping cost. If you subtract the price of 906 and cc900, then 2x948 costed me ~1500€ more or less. And that is with increased VAT where I live
Don't tell! :)

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I don't know for that very deal, but I had the opportunity to purchase 2 pairs of Focal Aria with a discount of 50% in Belgium.
A pair of 948 for 1700€ and a pair of 906 for 500€.

And that was not from a hard discounter (they may be found at Boulanger or Darty as well), but to a reputable local HiFi dealer I know for almost 50 years (we were in school together)

And if you are looking to their home cinema set, with a pair of 948, a pair of 906 and a center speaker, they may even be cheaper.

They've most probably sold tens of thousands pairs with this kind of discount.

Last edited:

sngreen

I don't know for that very deal, but I had the opportunity to purchase 2 pairs of Focal Aria with a discount of 50% in Belgium.
A pair of 948 for 1700€ and a pair of 906 for 500€.

And that was not from a hard discounter (they may be found at Boulanger or Darty as well), but to a reputable local HiFi dealer I know for almost 50 years (we were in school together)

And if you are looling to their home cinema set, with a pair of 948, a pair of 906 and a center speaker, they may even be cheaper.

They've most probably sold tens of thousands pairs with this kind of discount.
Ok, I give up. :)

Does anyone know what 948 pair costs to an average dealer? Just asking.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For the record, @sngreen :

buzwork

Honestly, I'd look at Focal Electra Be on the used market. Looks like some phenomenal deals on hifishark.com for the European market.

Top Bottom