• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

ash1980

What happens with my pre-amp is that when I want to watch a movie, I hit the Standby button on the remote for the pre-amp. This turns off the preamp and triggers a relay, which sends the front L/R channels through the pre-amp and on to the power amp.

Right now, my sub is connected to my AVR. My pre-amp is actually able to have the sub connected to it and do the home theater bypass with the sub as well, but I don't yet have it hooked up like that. I guess I'm too old to figure it all out!
Maybe this will help: https://www.whathifi.com/advice/how-to-combine-stereo-and-surround-sound-in-one-brilliant-av-system

ash1980

Does anyone know how to verify if we are getting an original Focal product ?

ash1980

Ordered the system today. You guys were right, I listened to X4700H and it was much better than last time. Decided to go ahead with the Anthem MRX 740 for now. The guy swore on ARC ! Plus there wasn't a huge difference in price (they had an offer on it), Fingers crossed :)

They also suggested to get this https://www.zappiti.com/zappiti-one-4k-hdr , is this good?
Also, how can I play songs from Amazon Music Ultra or Tidal ? Tidal is not available in my region so will need to use VPN.

ash1980

Ordered the system today. You guys were right, I listened to X4700H and it was much better than last time. Decided to go ahead with the Anthem MRX 740 for now. The guy swore on ARC ! Plus there wasn't a huge difference in price (they had an offer on it), Fingers crossed :)

They also suggested to get this https://www.zappiti.com/zappiti-one-4k-hdr , is this good?
Also, how can I play songs from Amazon Music Ultra or Tidal ? Tidal is not available in my region so will need to use VPN.
For sub, it's either Svs Sb-2000 Pro OR Svs Pb-1000 Pro. The Sb is apparently geared more towards music.

Thank you for the post.
Between 800 Chora and 900 Aria series is there a way you can describe the difference. I can audition 900 Aria series but cannot do any home auditions.Iam inclined to 806 BS or 826 FS given that its may be better to skip 816 FS ,2.5 way
Aria has a better cone material, and the speaker box design is also improved over the Chora.

chips666

Any major difference between Aria 936 and the Aria 936 K2?
Both measured by Stereophile ;)

521Focalfig4.jpg
1114FA936fig5.jpg

Last edited:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Those measurements are from Stereophile:

ash1980

In our part of the world, we have a lot of surges in electricity and it usually goes off for a couple of hours everyday. I need to setup a UPS to protect my electronics. I'm trying to figure out the load of all the items (avr, power amp, sub, etc), but can't find it for the SVS PB 2000 Pro sub-woofer. Even the specs PDF doesn't have that (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/655220.pdf). Can someone help?

delta76

Major Contributor
1000VA should be enough to handle all of your device in a short time - enough for you to turn them off.
As a side note, try to keep the discussion focused. this thread is about Focal Aria floorstanding speakers. If you have new questions, I understand you want to continue the discussion where you feel familiar, it's best to start new threads

ash1980

1000VA should be enough to handle all of your device in a short time - enough for you to turn them off.
As a side note, try to keep the discussion focused. this thread is about Focal Aria floorstanding speakers. If you have new questions, I understand you want to continue the discussion where you feel familiar, it's best to start new threads
Thank you. I understand, will be careful next time :)

Witterings

Has anybody compared the 926's to Monitor Audio Silver 300's.

I currently have the MA's on a home trial, with the right tracks I think they're amazing although possibly erring towards being a tad bright and with elevated / poor recordings (especially vocals) vocals they just hurt.

Thinking about trialing the 926's to see if they're not quite so forward overall but mainly at the top end and especially if they're a bit more forgiving of elevated recordings.
My concern with them would be it's a reasonable size room 15 x 26 feet and whether they'd move enough air and the bass dig deep enough without a sub, the bass is one thing I really love on the MA's and it's incredibly tight / punchy.

The asnwer would probably be a pair of 936's but unfortunately just can't stretch to that a the moment.

I'll be pairing them with an Arcam SA30.

Lifer

Forum Donor
Has anybody compared the 926's to Monitor Audio Silver 300's.

I currently have the MA's on a home trial, with the right tracks I think they're amazing although possibly erring towards being a tad bright and with elevated / poor recordings (especially vocals) vocals they just hurt.

Thinking about trialing the 926's to see if they're not quite so forward overall but mainly at the top end and especially if they're a bit more forgiving of elevated recordings.
My concern with them would be it's a reasonable size room 15 x 26 feet and whether they'd move enough air and the bass dig deep enough without a sub, the bass is one thing I really love on the MA's and it's incredibly tight / punchy.

The asnwer would probably be a pair of 936's but unfortunately just can't stretch to that a the moment.

I'll be pairing them with an Arcam SA30.

What will folow is just MY experience and MY opinion, take it as such:
I listened and compared the MA Silver 500 7G to Focal Aria 926 and 936 in the same room.
For me the elevated treble of the MA was not sibilant or hurting, but definitely didn't sound natural.
The Focal Aria treble sounded much more natural and still resolving and airy, never sibilant.
If you really focus on the sound (and not the music), you can note that the mids of the Aria are a bit forward, but when listening to the music it didn't sound UN-natural and was quite pleasing.

For those reasons I will never consider the MA Silver as their treble draw so much attention that I lose the feeling of immersion.

Witterings

What will folow is just MY experience and MY opinion, take it as such:
I listened and compared the MA Silver 500 7G to Focal Aria 926 and 936 in the same room.
For me the elevated treble of the MA was not sibilant or hurting, but definitely didn't sound natural.
The Focal Aria treble sounded much more natural and still resolving and airy, never sibilant.
If you really focus on the sound (and not the music), you can note that the mids of the Aria are a bit forward, but when listening to the music it didn't sound UN-natural and was quite pleasing.

For those reasons I will never consider the MA Silver as their treble draw so much attention that I lose the feeling of immersion.

Thank you for that ... I've actually got the 926's arriving tomorrow so will be able to do a back to back with them over the weekend and see how they compare :)

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thank you for that ... I've actually got the 926's arriving tomorrow so will be able to do a back to back with them over the weekend and see how they compare :)
Excellent! If you can, please let us know your thoughts on the comparison. I've been considering the Silver 500 7G's. I've heard the Aria speakers and I wouldn't have thought the MA Silver could be any more "forward" sounding, but your impressions would be important to know. My concern with the 926 would be if they went deep enough in the bass, as they are only rated down to 45Hz, +/- 3dB.

Top Bottom