• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Aria floorstander owners?

luft262

I have the 926s paired with a pair of SVS SB3000s and they are my favorite speakers I've ever owned.

luft262

PXL_20220321_194323283.jpg

Arias in action!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice view ;)

luft262

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
home-audio-enceintes-haute-fidelite-chorus-800-v-w-enceintes-colonnes-chorus-826-v-w.jpg

I have these, one version before yours. They are called Chorus 826V. Really good speakers, but a bit hefty in my small apartment.

luft262

View attachment 195752
I have these, one version before yours. They are called Chorus 826V. Really good speakers, but a bit hefty in my small apartment.
He could save some money, get the Chorus and it would sound about the same as the Arias. Another option.

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He could save some money, get the Chorus and it would sound about the same as the Arias. Another option.
The Chorus 826V are now 14 years old. I wouldn't recommend buying such old speakers. They will turn bad in the next years. The ferrofluid will dry out, the woofer surrounds will harden, the network cap specs will drift.

luft262

The Chorus 826V are now 14 years old. I wouldn't recommend buying such old speakers. They will turn bad in the next years. The ferrofluid will dry out, the woofer surrounds will harden, the network cap specs will drift.
Yeah, but there is a new Chorus. I don't know the exact model number, but if he just searches Focal Chorus it will pop up.

luft262

I guess it's "Chora" instead of"Chorus" now, but same idea!

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Chora 826 is the same construct as the Chorus 726, they moved those numbers around.

The Chorus 826V and Aria 926 are technically the same. They share the same double BR (one is in the foot), the same bracings, the same specs, the same aluminium foot. They saved a bit of money with the Aria 926 by not replicating the metal appliances at the top and bottom, apart from that, they are the same.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Chora 826 is the same construct as the Chorus 726, they moved those numbers around.

The Chorus 826V and Aria 926 are technically the same. They share the same double BR (one is in the foot), the same bracings, the same specs, the same aluminium foot. They saved a bit of money with the Aria 926 by not replicating the metal appliances at the top and bottom, apart from that, they are the same.
If that's true, I'd say that at current pricing, the Aria 926 is wildly overpriced, especially the US.:)

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If that's true, I'd say that at current pricing, the Aria 926 is wildly overpriced, especially the US.:)
I pay 2600€ per pair (contains 20% sales tax, so 2080€ if you exported them). Not cheap, not pricey. Sounds fair, the Aria 926 is a really good speaker and well made.

Now shipping comes into focus and that probably explains your prices. Also, there is an importer that wants a cut.

TheRealGru

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I bought a pair of 926s about 2 months ago as well. I still, to this date, am not able to dial them in to sound solid. I know they can sound great but I get this boominess I can't get rid of.

Driving them with Hegel H390 and recently introduced KEF KC92 sub (which I had with my KEF LS50 Meta system), which helped a little BIT, but still some songs sound boomy.

I am at max where I can pull them away from walls. I'm sitting about 12 feet away. They are about 10 feet apart toed in (good idea?) and about 1 foot away from back wall. My room is 16'x20'x13' ceilings.

Any help would be appreciated.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I bought a pair of 926s about 2 months ago as well. I still, to this date, am not able to dial them in to sound solid. I know they can sound great but I get this boominess I can't get rid of.

Driving them with Hegel H390 and recently introduced KEF KC92 sub (which I had with my KEF LS50 Meta system), which helped a little BIT, but still some songs sound boomy.

I am at max where I can pull them away from walls. I'm sitting about 12 feet away. They are about 10 feet apart toed in (good idea?) and about 1 foot away from back wall. My room is 16'x20'x13' ceilings.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sounds like there's a modal peak that needs to get notched with EQ.

TheRealGru

Sounds like there's a modal peak that needs to get notched with EQ.
@dfuller

What is modal peak and how would I go about notching it with EQ? Should I get a miniDSP and a microphone or a different amp-like Parasound with bass management?

Let me know please.

Last edited:

dfuller

Major Contributor
@dfuller

What is modal peak and how would I go about notching it with EQ? Should I get a miniDSP and a microphone or a different amp-like Parasound with bass management?

Let me know please.
A modal peak is a frequency response peak caused by a combination of room dimensions and listening location.

A MiniDSP and a UMik would work perfectly.

Gary_G

I have the 926's and love the sound. Driving them with a Parasound A23+. I upgraded from a pair of 1991 Polk 10B's.

Attachments

• DSC02649.JPG
    DSC02649.JPG
    242.4 KB · Views: 216

delta76

Major Contributor
Ordered a pair of 948 (actual a full package). It was really a rollercoaster for me, but now they are singing and I'm happy. Almost
Time to learn about room treatment and correction

Top Bottom