• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I did try that but it just opens the edge menu ;).

well let's back to the main topic. It's a bit sad that the price of focal, aria line in particular, in US is quite absurd, they are not popular there. I asked same question regarding atmos on a home theatre group, but it seems nobody buys $2000/pair speakers for that.
It's ALT GR + E !

damirj79

Does any of these low price Aria shops ship to EU? Might be tempted this summer to give it a try and compare with my narrower directivity LS50 Meta.
homecinemasolution and fnac are both based in France so EU shipping is possible (not all EU countries though, you have to check). At least for HCS I can say the shipping is very fast and not overly expensive, it was around 40€ next day delivery.

delta76

Major Contributor
yeah a good (bookshelf) speaker will be good for tv and movies. I used them briefly for tv - had no conclusion, but I am not quite sure if atmos speakers are any different. maybe they aren't, but never hurt to ask for experience :)
Got some answers for my question - apparently 906 is too big for wall mount, and atmos speakers are usually half in size if not smaller. focal themselves make some atmos speakers. I think it would not hurt, sound quality wise for using 906, but it's a waste in both space and money.

MaxouPaxou

Forum Donor
Am I the only one to find it nicer without the round cover?
20220627_170142.jpg
20220627_170052.jpg

delta76

Major Contributor
How stable is 906 on a stand? I am thinking about buying the stand, but with small kids that might be too dangerous if they tip over.

imackify

a bit late but nice review. it hurts to see how cheap stuff is in US and EU. These are almost 3k in canada. Theres a pair on canuckaudiomart for 1700 but i still feel thats a bit steep for a bedroom system. Maybe the evo 65 would be better but not as stylish.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
a bit late but nice review. it hurts to see how cheap stuff is in US and EU. These are almost 3k in canada. Theres a pair on canuckaudiomart for 1700 but i still feel thats a bit steep for a bedroom system. Maybe the evo 65 would be better but not as stylish.
Canadians get hosed (did you catch the 1980's era pun)... i almost think that corporate interests don't "need" you guys...

departure

What KEF? R3 annihilates Focal Aria 906 totally.
super late to this comment but it stuck out to me because i deliberated and scrutinized over the R3s and 906s in my bedroom for 5 days before returning the R3s and keeping the 906s. the majority of what i listen to is vocal heavy and the 906s were markedly preferrable for that style. if i listened to electro or house i'm sure i would have opted to keep the R3s, but they underperformed for vocal work.

delta76

Major Contributor
super late to this comment but it stuck out to me because i deliberated and scrutinized over the R3s and 906s in my bedroom for 5 days before returning the R3s and keeping the 906s. the majority of what i listen to is vocal heavy and the 906s were markedly preferrable for that style. if i listened to electro or house i'm sure i would have opted to keep the R3s, but they underperformed for vocal work.
out of curiosity, what did you find lacking with 906s playing electro/house? could it be fixed with EQ?

departure

no it's a mechanical thing. the R3s are startlingly good at pushing air for their size. the sort of punchy bass you can feel in your chest
but they dont sound "beautiful"

departure

not strictly. for vocal heavy work, acoustic work, etc. i outright prefer the polite bass of the arias

delta76

Major Contributor
Have you tried to apply EQ. With EQ (can be found in this thread), the pref score of 906 increases significantly so it's worth a try :)
I am thinking to buy another pair for my office but perhaps it's too big

Top Bottom